The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat new to all this. I was dx in january with lupus. Lately I have been very dicouraged by the extreme fatigue. My last visit with my DR she talked about starting chemo. I have just recieved my latest blood results and they are not as bad as I thought they were going to be considering how awful I feel. I have been doing tons of research on the fatigue but I am still discouraged. Any thought or feedback would be great!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and :welcome:

When you say "starting chemo" what exactly do you mean? Which drug did your rheumy mention?

Some of the "immunosuppressant" drugs (most are not actually considered chemo as they're not used for chemo any more and are at lower doses) are extremely helpful in stabilizing disease activity.

What medication are you already on? I am presuming you are on plaquenil?

Sorry to ask more questions than answer them but it's difficult to help without a bit more info :)

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Fatigue is definitely something we battle on a daily basis. Getting the disease under control can lessen the fatigue.

The bloods do not always match how we feel. I have had times when I have felt great and gotten a call to see the doc. Then I have also been in your situation. You are fortunate to have a doctor willing to treat the symptoms and not just follow the blood results.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It can be hard to live with lupus, but with a good meds regime it can be controlled enough for us to have a good quality of life. Bloods don't always reflect how we feel. I would thoroughly explain to the doc how the fatigue affects you, what it stops you doing etc and look at meds to help. Also learning to pace ourselves can help with the fatigue. Hope things improve for you soon.

Take care

Deb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.