The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am posting this because im a little worried, i went to the rhumy today everything went well all my blood tests came back negative exept for my dna bordeline positive anyway thats not why im worried.

when the nurse took my blood pressure it read 150 over 80. now i know that going to the doctor can cause your blood pressure to go up. i always get nervous before i go to the doctor. but i wonder if thats what really caused it to go up, or if its really something to be concerned about.

i am really nervous now should i call my gp to have it rechecked in s few days. i am really trying to cut down on salt intake, exercise more to bring my weight down. my rhumy didnt seen too concerned about it but it left me baffaled. what do you think i should do.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Sushi,

I think you are doing the right thing in contacting your GP and having your BP tested again in a few days. I don't remember which medications you take but some meds can cause high bp. It could also be that it was just a bad read today.

Let us know how things go.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
if this only happens when visiting the dr's hospital, i would say its white coat,,,,,,,, thats not to bad 150/80, they would do something if it was 150 everytime you went.........

but if you feel better ask the nurse to take your blood pressure on a monthly basis...... see what they say, but i know if rheumy was overly worried im sure they would stick you on meds, mine did.........

and infact i still go and it can be like last week 158/98 pulse 100..and im on meds, try not get your self worried hun....

Lin xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Sushi,

I tend to suffer from low blood presure as soon as I get tired etc. but my rheumy would never have believed me as every time I went to her in the beginning my blood pressure would be 130 over something which is fine :hehe:

Thankfully, the GP has seen me when I'm really bad and as I'm more used to him I don't get nervous about seeing him. I'm also OK at the rheumy's now.

I'd say, don't worry but if it gives you peace of mind, then getting it checked again in a few days is a good idea. Otherwise, if the rheumy was worried, he would have said something, .

Katharine

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Sushi,

Another test your doctor can order is a 24 or 48 hour monitor. They hook you up to a blood pressure cuff that you wear, the harness is wired to you. It will monitor your blood pressure for those hours and get a better idea what your correct blood pressure really is. Many times a blood pressure can be elevated with mood, activity etc.

Good Luck
Sharon

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you so much, you guys are the best:) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts