TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest blood tests had VERY elevated Uric Acid levels...so far this isn't causing many symptoms except for an aching big toe every now and then.

Anyone else have this too and what did it mean for you?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hi There,

I know hight uric acid levels, and toe pain, can be indicative of Gout. My father had gout, and I remembered how painful it was for him.

Of course, this is just a guess..on my part, I have no expertise in the matter, and do recommend, that you see your dr. as soon as possible.

I really hope that you feel better very soon. Please let us know how things turn out for you, friend.

Love,
Sandy :)

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Biggsi,

I agree with Sandy it could be gout. My Dad has high levels of uric acid when he is having a bout of it. Has your toe turned red or swelled at all?

Sometimes it can be taken care of with diet but not always. You should check with your doctor.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I concur that it is usually a sign of gout with high levels of uric acid and sore swollen red toes...........very significant.

love
Lily

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have had bouts of gout in the past and guessed that the aching big toe was a sign of things starting up again. I have had it in my knee before too and at the moment one knee is even more painful than normal (have SLE and RA too) so my guess is the gout is becoming active...:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts