TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot stand this pain anymore it is almost unbearable. this will be short, im finding hard to push buttons. I have grown an extra elbow, 5 extra knuckles & wrists. not really, but theres huge hard bumps on them, and the pain is excrutiation. I was up all night last night with it and has not gone away yet today. I could not even pull up the covers last night because it was just too much with the shooting pains. Even if I don't move them they hurt like crazy. Anyone else experience this & what do you do? My husband can see the bumps & feel them, but he doesn't understand how bad it hurts. This makes me sad, like last night I asked him to pull covers on me & he didn't & was frustrated that I even asked. How do you make people understand? Help!! Oh, I have lupus, fibro, polymyositis, aps, raynauds, ra, behcets, and I'm sure im' missing something, I forget. I take cellcept, plaq., coumadin, norvasc. would prednisone help do you think?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Prednisone may help - but this is definitely worthy of a call in to your doctor(s) for their advise. Such a sudden and severe change in your hands/elbows and that kind of pain really seems like something to get at least a phone call into your doctors about.

It is difficult to get people to understand our pain and fatigue... I've found the best time is to talk to someone about it after they've just had the flu themselves... ;) But even that doesn't really cover it.

Best wishes this is a short lived event - it sounds truly awful. I hope you get some sleep tonight... that kind of pain keeps a person up at night too.

(((hugs)))

·
11,405 Posts
(((((Erenae)))))))

Have you called your rhumey telling him how much pain you are in? Do you have any pain meds?
Maybe a trip to the ER is in order to get some relief. When you can't sleep and in pain all the time, it makes the pain that much worse.

To get my point across I give my husband examples. exp. if my wrist is hurting I say, it feels like someone is squeezing my wrist as hard as they can, and not letting go. If my ankle and foot hurts I say someone is stomping my foot constantly and won't let up. He gets the point of how much pain I am in then.:wink2:

I hope you get some speedy relief soon.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
((((((( Erin ))))))) I've got no idea about what meds might help, but I do know that you deserve kindness and consideration. It is hard making another person understand just how bad the pain can be. And there is another kind of pain that this illness brings with it -- the constant barrage of losses and setbacks and feeling hopeless at times. Show your husband your post here. Let him read what others write, how much pain can take the joy out of life, and just how bad it can be.

I've been fortunate beyond all hope. My husband gets it. He loves me, even though I've gone up three pants sizes in two months. He tries to make life as easy as possible for me. But the frustration is still there.

It may be that your husband is frightened to admit just how much you hurt. Still, he needs to know. Can you take him to your next doctor's appointment?

At any rate, you can come here and vent and find comfort and companionship of those who understand. I hope you find something that gives you relief.

Sunny

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((Erin))))))))))))

This sounds more like the RA playing up for you right now, you really need to let your doc know. A short burst of Pred may well settle this down for you quickly, I hope so, no-one should be in that much pain and swelling.

sending hugs :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
931 Posts
Oh ((((((((Erin)))))))) :hugbetter:

I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain right now.... I don't really have any advice for you, but wanted to send loads and loads of hugs your way :grouphug2::hug:

It does sound like you should call your doctor and mention this to him though...

Hang in there... :grhug:

:foryou:

Zoi

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Erin,

Predisone may help with inflammation.

So sorry your in so much pain.

Please call your doctor and stop the suffering.:wink2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I did call the rheum. that I have up here, he said yes, sounds like the RA is flaring up. That's all he said. I've been going to another rheum. at the mayo & am going on Tues. so I will tell him about it. See if he can help me. They did give me a prescrip. for some pain meds. That just covers up the pain though, doesn't help with the problem. Maybe that's all they can do, I don't know. Thank you for all your hugs & advice. As far as my husband understanding, he just always says yeah, well my knees & back hurt too, so you're not the only one! I think it's different though. Maybe not, I don't know. They seem a little better now, but that's probably due to some of the pain meds i'm sure, cause they bumps are still really there. At least I know what it is that is flaring up right now! The guy down at Mayo said last time that cellcept is really good for the kidneys for nephritis, but doesn't help as much with the pain, so he was thinking I should start on methotrexate instead since my kidneys are doing really great now! Well, I hope everyone is having or will have a great day today!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Erin, my heart goes out to you. I know what your talking about with the bed covers, I'm very lucky that my husband will willingly do anything i need him to. I really believe nobody knows what Lupus is about unless they have it themselves. You do deserve consideration and help, if you could do the covers yourself obviously you would not be asking for help! You need to see your doctor for better pain relief or maybe cortisone injections, they are a little painful but really work. Hang on in there, we are all here for you

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Erin,

I'm glad the pain meds are at least getting you through this until you see someone next week :hug:

Metho is the drug of choice as far as RA goes and would help aspects of your Lupus too, so maybe that's the way to go if your kidneys are behaving. It must be difficult having crossover diseases though, the Cellcept might be just what is keeping your kidneys in line right now.

Good luck at the Mayo and let us know what they say and how you are.

love
Lily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts