The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In 1 year's time I will have been married for 1 week! :)

Our minds are obviously turning to the honeymoon and I wondered if anybody had any ideas for places we could go?

I'm planning on having 3 weeks off work and our ideas so far have been America (New York, San Franisco & Las Vegas) and Australia and / or New Zealand.

Anybody tell me whether these will be a good idea or not? I'm a bit concerned about the travelling but hopefully the the happiness will carry me through!

Rebecca xx

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
They all sound nice!

How about isla de Margarihta near venezula google it to find out more!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Just keep in mind that parts of Australia will be quite chilly this time of year... and parts of America will be quite hot. I think New Zealand is fairly temperate year round but obviously a bit cooler this time of year than in December.

It's all about what tickles your fancy - this is your honeymoon after all! I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon and really enjoyed it there. Loved snorkeling especially, and we swam with dolphins too!

·
Banned
808 Posts
Camping in the Lake District? I'll get me coat..........:rotfl:

Seriously I am sure wherever you choose you spend your honeymoon you will have a wonderfull time, relax and enjoy every minute.

Best of luck with all of it, have a happy day, great honeymoon and a very happy marriage xx

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi becks!

wow they all sound wonderful to me!...It does depend on what type of holiday appeals to you both the most though...I suggest you both carefully weigh up all your options & maybe write a list etc?

yes I'm sure wherever you end up going will be amazing :)

I hope your wedding plans are all going well..when shall we expect our invitation then? :hehe: :lol:

love karen x

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Becks! I had to read this three times before I realised I wasnt going mad! I thought my brain had done a runner! :lol: Of course you mean that you are getting married next year. Is that right? Oh my aching head!

Dont listen to Flutterbye....go caravaning in Ireland...I'll put the kettle on! :lol:

Seriously though, I can recommend the Australia/New Zealand thing because I did that four years ago. Fabulous! I only toured the South Island of New Zealand though and some of the east coast of Australia. If you want a laid back holiday interspersed with night life then thats the one for you. On the other hand if you are in for a fast paced break then I would take the USA option.

Best of luck and congratulations!
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I say do a cruise in the carribeans-it is wonderful!!!!!!!
Vegas is great also-we go every year.
California is gorgeous:) Come to San Diego and I will give you a tour:wink2:
Florida is fantastic and I have only heard about New York.
Fiji is also a island I would love to visit.
Can't go wrong with Hawaii8)
I guess I really didn't help did I??? Sorry, so many palces to see so little time:lol:

Good Luck,
Becca

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

There is beautiful places to see here in Canada... Another idea...

Love Penny

·
Marika
349 Posts
Hi,

Well for my honeymoon my husband wanted to go hiking in the Andes up to Lake Titicaca...............

this was the beginning of a long relationship , sooooooo have to show what you are made of...
We went for a month to the island of Maui......;););););)

Perfect.....
Love Marikaxxxxx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. There's so much to choose from!

I could go to any of them I really could! Finding it hard to choose between Australia / New Zealand and America. I don't mind the fact that it will be winter in the Southern Hemisphere, I start feeling ill if it gets above 20 degrees! :)

Will keep you posted on what we decide to do.

·
Registered
300 Posts
How about Alaska? I've heard the cruise to Alaska is absolutely AMAZING!!

I went to Antigua for my honeymoon and had a wonderful time, but it is hot...been to Vegas too...fun but also hot.

Since I live in New York...I can honestly say it may be a nice place to visit but honeymoon...I think not- I'd prefer something tropical myself! :) The city is dirty and many people are rude! LOL

Have fun planning - this is one of the happiest times of your life - ENJOY!!

Sharon

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I'm biased :) :) but Australia would be wonderful this time of year for you. There aren't many places that you would be cold :lol: and the temps in some of our tourist spots especially on the east and west coasts would be temperate now and very pleasant. I'm planning a trip myself to the west in early spring before it gets too hot.

love
Lily

1 - 13 of 13 Posts