since.but now I have new hope that maybe I can get rid of this
rash and stop my hair falling out,it just will not go away had it for a
year.I started taking mepacrine (quinacrine) 8 days ago ,what Ive
read on this site gives me new hope:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Linda :)

There are a couple of members here who are intolerant to plaquenil but do very well with mepacrine. I hope that will be the case for you too.

Good luck with it,
Katharine

·
Administrator
10,211 Posts
Welcome to the site Linda.

Good luck with the Mepacrine. I hope it lessens your rash. You might also check out the "Looking Good, Feeling Better" forum for some ideas on how to camouflage it.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi Linda,

Welcome to the lupus site.

I hope the mepacrine works for you.

This site is full of updated information and very caring members who willing to help.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Linda,
I just wanted to let you know, I had that horrible rash too from my scalp down to my ankles.(It stop at my feet thank God) I had weird little bubbly things that felt like they popped on the bottoms of my feet when someone rubbed them, although they were'nt noticable. For 4 years I went to every kind of doctor, but no one could do anything for me. They thought it must be allergic to some kind of blood pressure meds or antibiotics. They wouldn't diagnose me with Lupus, even though I had been diagnosed with it in the 90's. New Doctors....it's a nightmare. Anyway my hair began to fall out and the Doc's pretty much just laughed it off saying thats what happens when you get old. I was 38 then and couldn't must up enough energy to laugh at his pathetic joke. I had been off plaquenil for 4 years then. I had a flare that hospitalized me 3 years ago and then back on plaquenil and bunches of other stuff. Well, my hair has grown back just as thick as ever ( I have to thin it just like in the old days). I like it even better now because it grew back curly. My sister also lost her hair, she went bald about 20 years before she was diagnosed with lupus also. Her hair has grown back too. She wasn't on plaquenil at that time and I wasn't either, so keep the hope up this is temporary.

·
linda
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I,m realy glad I found this site i do know my hair will grow back , because it happed 4 years ago but that time it seemed to grow back faster , this time i,ve even had steriod injections twice in the parts that are bald ,and it just falls out in another place .hope mine grows back twice as thick. we don,t have mepacrine in any drug store here in israel ,I had to go private to professor who brings it from the U.S specialy for lupus patients, anyway thanks to you and everyone who welcomed me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.