The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up about four days ago with horrible pain on the side of my right hand and two end fingers and knuckles
feet and knee

my rhuemy is away till sept. I went to my new nurse practioner today. she said while she see's my pain and can feel it ?
she was unable to do anything for me. as she had not received my files yet. from my deceased gp

and anyway she was limited to what she can perscribe.I asked to see a doctor and she said they were all busy and would tell me the same thing

she told me I have to wait till my rhuemy comes back and she will work with him to help me with my pain management. great for you that she can wait till then. but what about me. ?

she had no answers for me, I am so frusturated with the medical people
told her fine I would go home and rock in my rocking chair and cry .it helped some.
anyway that is my moan for today
God Bless
:sad:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Oh dear :(

I'm so sorry to hear about that pain and especially that you don't seem to be able to do much about it. I don't have any advice really, I'm sure you know better than me if there's any way to get them moving but it seems unbelievable that nothing can be done!!

I presume it is not "just" severe tendon pain. I get that in my hands, fingers (and everywhere else) and have found that strapping does help considerably. If I am out and don't have strapping I kind of end up holding onto whatever part of me and pressing down hard. I'm sure it's not so simple for you, otherwise you'd have done it but you never know, thought I'd mention it.

In the meantime I'll send lots of hugs and pain relieveing thoughts,
:grouphug2:

Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
(((Goats)))

I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain.:there:
She said you had to wait till Sept. to see your rhumey.:eek:
That is so unacceptable.:mad: You are in pain and need help now.

Isn't there someone in your rhumey's office that is taking over while he is on vacation? Could you go to the emergency room at a hospital to get some help?

Oh Goats, hang in there and come and moan all you want.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am so sorry. I would try to have someone else call for you. If they can't get through I would go to ER.

Would also tell doc when he gets back how you were treated.

Elaine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts