TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all okay.
I have to go for my pre-op assessment tomorrow morning & I should be admitted for the procedures next Monday. In a way I'm glad to be getting it sorted but I must admit I'm absolutely terrified.
I'm in the middle of my period at the moment & it's been a bad one. I had to lie down on the bathroom floor at 4am Sunday morning because I was loosing so much & was in excruciating pain & felt very faint.I lay down in case I dropped down & banged my head.
The hospital changed my surgeon because if I stayed with the other one I wouldn't have been able to go in until 31st December , I didn't find out until this afternoon that I'd got an appointment.
Wish me luck.
Love Angied

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Best wishes for a good surgical outcome and a smooth recovery. How are your nerves doing? I remember being very nervous for simple gallbladder surgery!

Good luck and post back to us when you can how it all went. I'll be thinking of you!

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Angie,

Good luck on Monday. My thoughts will be with you.

Do you have a grabber stick? I found them invaluable after my surgery.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Angie,

I think we're all scared when facing surgery and particulalry when feeling as vulnerable healthwise as you are right now but it sounds very much like something needs doing so it's good that it has been brought forward.

I hope it all goes well for you and wish you luck.

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Will be thinking of you - good luck!

Love Lesley
x
xx
x

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been messed around again.
I was at the pre assessment for 2 hours.
They've decided they are not happy to carry out the procedures & they are getting me an emergency referral to the same hospital has my local rheumy.They said I need an haematologist & rheumy on board & would rather it was carried out at the hospital that has more knowledge of my conditions. I know it's better that way but why couldn't they have realised this last year.
I had worked myself up to the point I had a bad migraine when I got back & was throwing up.My family were anxious & have to go through it again when this mess gets sorted out.

But saying that , my worries are very small compared to some.
I'll keep you posted .
Love
Angied

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Angie,

I am sorry you had to go through all of this stress for nothing. Hopefully the new date for the procedure will be soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Angie,

:hugbetter: How utterly frustrating for you, don't they realise stress isn't good for us :mad: It does sound like they are doing the right thing though but it's a darn shame you had to go through all that only to have it put off.

I was wondering about your period problems, do your docs know that your bleeding is that bad and have you been checked out by a gyn? Bleeding like that is NOT normal and needs to be investigated. It will only make your health worse going through that every month. You may have fibroids or some other problem but if it hasn't already been investigated then it's definitely something that should be put on the agenda. I know I suffered for years thinking it was all 'normal'for me, it wasn't normal at all I found out once I got to a decent gyn.

sending hugs and lots of fortitude, hopefully the procedure can be organised fairly quickly at the other hospital. Let us know.

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Best of luck Angie, hope it all goes well

:trampo::trampo:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello everyone,
the procedures I was supposed to have done were to find out the cause of the heavy painful periods. The ultrasound scans I had done last year found a cyst, varices ,fluid & endometrial thickening but the scan I had a few weeks ago showed that the cyst had gone.
I'm supposed to have an endoscopy at the same hospital ,to check on the barretts oesophagus but I'm thinking now that it would be better to get rereferred to the other hospital before they decide they don't want to do that procedure either.
My GP isn't very happy about the way I've been treated but she says it's because I'm complicated.
I'll keep you posted.
love Angied

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I recieved a letter today ,from the hospital where I had my pre-assessment.
It said I am slightly anaemic & to see the GP.
The results on the letter said my HB-11 , MCHC-30.7, Lymphocytes-0.79 & WBC-3.1.
I've got to get a new script for iron tablets again.
I've also requested a copy of my latest bloods that were taken last week at GP surgery.
I've been in bed all day today, I don't know whether it was a sick migraine or the sickness bug (my son has been off school for a week & a half with it).
Is there any other conditions other than Lupus that could cause low white cell counts?

Love
Angied

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
my wbc is low because I take azathioprine but that is just me, don;t know if anyone else suffers from that by taking aza.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Angie, sorry you are feeling so horrible, I hope it passes soon.

Is there any other conditions other than Lupus that could cause low white cell counts?
Review clinical findings, FBC, differential WCC, blood film.

Acute stress
Bacterial infection
Early stage of viral infection

Carcinoma, especially adanced disease.

Irradiation

Drugs, especially

Corticosteroids
Cytotoxic drugs

HIV infection

Hodgkin's disease

Malnutrition/anorexia nervosa
Renal failure; acute and chronic.
SLE/RA

Cushing's syndrome; administration of corticosteroids
Sarcoidosis

Protein losing enteropathy

http://www.rcpamanual.edu.au/sections/clinicalproblem.asp?s=25&i=415

There are quite a few reasons and your docs will have to review your symptoms to see which one is the most likely. If you are in early stages (or were when the tests were taken) of whatever bug your son has that is listed as a possible explanation too .

take care,

love
Lily

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
AngieD,

Best wishes for your surgery. Relax and enjoy the sleep. I hope it solves your problem. Please let us know how things go when you feel up to it.
Tammy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts