The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have really bad pain after a hot-warm bath? When I take one, I feel like there is broken glass in my legs and feet, and it is excrusiating. This happens a little when I get hot but mainly after a hot - warm bath or shower and a cool shower is out of the question. Those are painful too. I was just wondering if I am wierd.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again,

Nope, I don't tink you are weird, many people experience that. Heat in any form can make us feel bad. It can trigger inflammation which may be what is happening with you.

For me it makes me feel really queasy, joints ache and I can't breathe. I've given up on baths and prefer to take a shower.

Katharine

·
Registered
59 Posts
YES! Sorry. Hehehe. I thought maybe this was just me. Either you are not weird, or we all are! :) Some pains tend to ease off a little, but others are a lot worse. Have no idea why in my case, but it is so annoying. I also tend to get extremely 'stiff' after a bath, and I wont even start about my face!
I normally have showers too (and I could never try a cool shower either), although I still have the whole 'face' issue then.
I used to love long, hot baths....
Oh well, I hope you find your happy, comfortable, relatively pain-free medium.
:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get very weak and nauseous after a hot bath. Sometimes my husband has to help me down the stairs after a bath because I am so weak. Everything is achy too, but not specifically my legs, pretty much everything. The same thing happens if I stay in the shower too long. Viridian - what do you mean by the "face" thing?

·
Registered
59 Posts
heavens_child0101;524642 said:
Viridian - what do you mean by the "face" thing?
Sorry, I mean that even with a warm to hot shower my face gets so red and hot it looks like I've been in a sauna for hours. Normally, it'll last a few hours to a day and then go back to being my 'normal' red cheeks and nose. Same thing happens in the sun.
:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I am in the sun too long ( and this could mean only 30 minutes) I sometimes get whelps on my arms. I have one that popped up a few years ago on my arm and never fully went away. It is still red and rough. I am so white that I look like a ghost, but my husband is very picky about me going out in the sun and he refuses to let me into a tanning bed. I guess I cannot blame him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts