The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure someone has probably already asked about this. Just lately I have been experiencing hot flashes in the night. Not only that I have then been waking up cold as well.

I am feeling tired and some of my joints are a little sore and also during the day I feel cold most of the time. I am not sure if this is another lovely trick that lupus likes to play but I think I am a little young to be going through the change. My mother didn't start the change until her mid forties (so I have another 10yrs to go lol)!!

I hope this make sense

Claire xx

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey Claire,

Do not fear! You are not alone!

Night sweats/hot "flashes" as you say are totally a lupus thing. I think we have discussed it on here before and my rheumy even asks me if I get them in his "list of things he asks me"!

Not sure what causes them but they are really common in a flare so this may be a sign of the old lupus rearing its ugly head.

I have no advice on how to stop them...a paracetamol before bed to keep your temperature down perhaps?

Lots of Love :love:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
212 Posts
I thought it was just me - I wake up every night absolutely boiling and sweat dripping off me. I take two paracetomol and an ibuprofen before I go to sleep and it just doesn't make any difference. I sometimes get a body spritz next to me bed and spray my legs and chest if I wake up in the night, helps cool me down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi I have been experiencing these for nearly 3 years (since I had pneumonia). I now know they are a symptom of lupus and just wish I had found this site earlier.

The endo has confirmed that I am post menopause (I am 59).

Best wishes, Jen :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello

hey there

i've been waking up in the night feeling absolutely boiling for the past few nights, it's making me feel even more tired than normal... so you're not alone...

i've taken to having a few sheets so i can throw some of them off... then i'm cold and pull them back on again!

best wishes

amelia

·
11,409 Posts
You can count me in on having hot flashes.(day & night time)
I just throw off the covers, wake up to being cold and pull them back on me. Never ending cycle at night. But then I am 52.:p

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
me 52 as well, but the flushe's in the day are all head at night im hot all over covers off and on, im sure some of these cocktail of meds play a part you know, i had hysterectomy at 36 so itrs not that...... being a women lovely hey:hehe:

Lin xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I get this frequently too. Anytime I'm not feeling so great they come back. Often tiredness, stiffness, tendon pain and night sweats are warning signs for me. I also wake up cold and have this during the day too, feeling freezing one moment and far too hot the next.

Katharine

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I have to admit I have been feeling pretty rough this week and have just returned to work today but I think that was a bit of a mistake, but I knew there was a problem with staffing but didn't realise how bad until I returned today. We had 2 members of staff on holiday, and 3 off sick (including myself).

I know I am probably a fool to myself but there are some who do not understand and are very intolerant to "sickness in the workplace" and I must admit that once upon a time I was probably a little that way myself. It is hard to understand something that you have no experience of. I just hope that these people never actually have to in any way.

Thanks for your support guys your all great!!!

Claire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts