TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you relax? I am finding that a major issue I am having right now is anxiety, basically all the time and haven't been able to use my normal ways to relax because they haven't been working. So, when you have the time, How do you relax??? You are welcome to list more than one thing, I am willing to try anything these days to feel calmer.

:yawn: :calm: :whistle: :asleep: Karly

PS. Sorry about the size of the print I find it too stressful, but am too tired to change it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't know if that word exist with me but when I do attempt to relax I like watching my favorite TV shows or movies. I also like talking to my friends on the phone and family and playing with my dog . One thing that helps me get my mind off of things is shopping even if I don't buy anything just going to look. I use to take warm baths and soak but I took so many I think I dried my skin up. I also have bad anxiety and have a hard time relaxing. When it decides to warm up and stay that way I will start planting flowers which helps relieve stress.

JEN

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Karly,
Warm baths and good books:) Otherwise it is medication, medication and more medication:lol:

Good Luck,
Becca

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Karly i like to take TJ for a walk when i have him we have started to take him on wednesdays.The only thing with that is i pay for it the next day with the pains in my legs and feet.But That is the joy of being a Gran and i do love it sometimes they are the ones that give me a lot of get up and go.The next thing is my holiday must be mad this year we are taking the two boys.So i will need another holiday when we come back:lol: :lol: Elisabeth

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Karly,

Crocheting helps me to relax. All my anxiety gets out into each stitch. I have made over 2 months 6 afghans, 3 hats,gloves, an hand bag a bed for my daughters chuachua and a sweater for my 6'5" 300 + husband.

Now i hold classes at my church for stress relief crochet.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Karly,

I too, am always looking for new ways to find a way to relax. I do agree with the others that reading a book is always good, medication is a very good standby. Shopping is always great except then I usually see something, remember the hobby thing:rotfl: , but the bathtub thing is out. I could probably get in but getting out, now thats ugly. Probably the most relaxing is cooking and teaching my kids how to cook. The younger ones love it. I find it so rewarding on how to prepare an experience, not just something to eat. Ahhhh, thats my zen.

Nancy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts