TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drs keep telling me there is a slight chance that i will have lupus but i have so many symptoms its hard to ignore. I was just wondering if anyone else suddenly came down with all the symptoms at once out of nowhere for the first time?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
At the time I was diagnosed, I had a sudden onslaught of symptoms that led to a pretty quick diagnosis. But in retrospect, there were a number of symptoms that had been mild in the preceeding 10+ years that were also likely lupus symptoms (complete lack of tear production/severe dry eye, pleuritis not related to a coughing spell, slightly aching knees & elbows/wrists, red facial rash that had been misdiagnosed as rosacea, a sun sensitive rash on my forearms).

But at the time I got really sick... it did seem to come on quite suddenly and quite severely too. Had a long term fever, badly aching joints, swollen toe, incredible fatigue... truly like a bad case of the true flu that lasted for weeks.

·
4,430 Posts
Hiya, I was fine one day and had arm pain the next... it moved around the top of my body changing arms etc etc swollen fingers, unable to open them up in the morning.... it happened literally overnight, so yes quickly. In retrospect I did have a becoming red blush on my cheeks that my Rheumy tells me was the lupus rash for years previously!!! I just thought I had a farmers wife complexion!!!:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Anywhere from a few days to years. Depends on how you define flares... some people never truly get a break from all of their symptoms, most will experience a lessening and then a worsening of their symptoms. And some will experience remission too - it's just impossible to predict how things will go for you. I met a gal today in person that had/has lupus and has now been in medication free remission for well over 5 years!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts