The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to say that im so very happy to have found this site. i appreciate this site so much that its hard to put it into words. this site saved my life in many ways firstly because when i was very depressed i got excellent advise and support from alot of people here.

secondly because i found that it is possible to live with lupus its not the end of the world . it truly makes you appreciate life alot more and live it to the fullest.

thirdly because i know that i can come here and rank about anything and you will all understand me and give me the best advise you can.

now, i would like to know how you feel.

:excited: :excited:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
To me the board is filled with Angels who support me with thier wings, comfort my soul with their words, and bring me joy with their hearts.

Thank you all for being a part of my world.

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I remember finding this site the day my Dermy first mentioned the term 'possible diagnosis of Lupus' to me. That was 2 years ago this month and I was utterly terrified.

I lurked for several months whilst playing the waiting game for appointments and tests. This site gave me the knowledge and strength to push for answers from the right people.

Eventually I joined just after my diagnosis as a very frightened member fearing no future. Not so! Without the advice, support and friendship of the wonderful members I wouldn't be where I am today. Not just with my health but in my own mind. It has allowed me to talk to like minded people who understand how I'm feeling when my friends and family didn't.

When I see new members joining I can totally relate to the despair they feel and it's good to know that we can give them hope and positivity. :flowery:

And the laughs along the way are pretty good too.............:lol:

Thanks to Joanne for starting site - you don't receive enough credit, the Mods for looking out for us, the good friends I've made and all the members. God that sounds like an oscar acceptance speech! :rotfl:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yes Sushi - thanks for the opportunity.

I feel excatly the same, and particulalry agree with Pam.

Thank Joanne and all the moderators.
:love:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
youre right Alwin, i would like to thank Joanne, and all the dedicated moderaters on this site.

:thanx: :thanx: :rose3: :rose3:

·
florie
589 Posts
I am very happy with this lupus site. Don't know what i would do without it. It has helped me in many ways. It has given me a feeling of feeling safe and free to ask questions that only others like myself experienced. It has been educational, good people who i have met , sharing, caring and even joking to for a little fun.

The moderators have given their time to us while they also suffer with lupus and have their own families to care for. They devoted themselves to us and have done a wonderful job for this site.:grouphug2: to all.

I am thankful to everyone here, you are a gods sent. god bless all.
florie:rose:

·
Registered
553 Posts
When I was given the possible "Lupus" diagnosis also by a dermatologist, I was unsure and worried and all those things.. I wanted to know more and didn't know where to look.

I am glad I found this place. I have learned so much from all of you and you are there when I need reassurance. I have not been diagnosed long and I am still learning how far I can push myself before I fall down.

I work full time so don't get a lot of time to chat but when I do it is helpful and nice to chat to people who know how you feel and how it can be sometimes.

Thanks to Joanne for setting up the site :bow: .... what a star and :hug: to all those moderators for their hard work too!

Keep smiling

Claire
:give_rose:

·
Registered
368 Posts
:love: Lydia, I totally agree! This site has been a lifeline for me. As someone said, "the angels" have helped me deal with alot of serious problems. I have made some wonderful friends here, even tho I've never met them. I feel closer to my friends here, than my other friends. I can bare my soul and get the support and encouragement, that others don't understand! Thanks for the post! :) Cathy

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would like to add my thanks also. I am so grateful to all the people that have helped me cope with the day to day stuff that lupus hands me. I know that I am not alone and that is the greatest feeling. Thank you!

Angie

·
Registered
457 Posts
Can I add my bit?

This site keeps me sane!!:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :lol:

thanks to all

Rachel xxxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi all,

This site has helped me so much in all those usual ways - Advice, support, understanding :)

It is all the more important for me as I live in a relatively remote part of Belgium where no-one heas ever heard of lupus, never mind support groups!

The other wonderful thing is that I have been able to keep using my English and keep it active! So, now, when I get back to work my students will have a really native native speaker again :rotfl: (You may laugh, but it's hard keeping yourself fluent with just calls home to Mum!!!)

Above all, the kindness and friendship here are amazing!
Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
I am also greatfull to have found this site it is great to know that there are other people to give advice i also got a great sense of joy when i let you all know about my new grandson T.Jay also a birthday greetings thanks to all who started this site god bless :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks

I would like to give a big thanks to this great web site and the moderators who give their time and invaluable information and advise.

I have only joined in the last couple of months and already feel so happy and at home here and look forward to loging in alnd learning from you all.

A warm thank you to you all .:grhug:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep me too:)
Thanks to Joanne and the moderators:bow:

This site has advised me when I was confused
Reassured me with experience when I have been frightened
Made me laugh when I was feeling down
Made me feel that there will always be someone here who understands.

Many many thanks to everybody :flowery:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
what a lovely thread sushi :)

I agree with all that's been said,this site is a true blessing!

The support,understanding & compassion here is truly wonderful.
I don't know what I would do without you all :grhug:

a big thank you to joanne for providing this special place & to our special moderators for all that you do for us :grhug: :foryou:

I agree this forum is full of 'angels' & I am so grateful to know you all :)

love to all
karen x :love2:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
This site, the mods, and each person that contributes in their own special way, by sharing experiences, both good and bad has given me the courage to keep fighting each day.

I come to this site to get refreshed. It is like a drink of water when I am thirsty. I check the boards and think to myself.".I can do this today." " I can keep fighting." I can enjoy life, even with severe pain, and exhaustion and whatever else is going on in that space of time."

I even get the incentive to laugh reading posts...:lol: Thank you so very much to all of you with a funny bone! Simply put...You all keep me going...Thank you all very much! 0x

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I feel so very blessed to have this site because of all the wonderful advice I have received. I feel blessed by the friendships I have formed from this site. Friendships from all over the world and friends that understand how I feel.
Thank you Joanne and moderators for making this possible.
I cannot imagine my life without you all, with what I have been through in the last 2 years. I don't believe in coincedence, so I know I was meant to be here when my illness was at its worst. You all have been a HUGE help.:grouphug2:

Thank You,
Becca

·
Hazel595
713 Posts
Hi I joined this site in October 2001....I wasn't diagnosed with Lupus but had been diagnosed with MS for two years.......

I had a lot more symptoms than you would normally find with MS so I was referred to the Lupus Clinic in London and found this site.....

It was my life saver.....somewhere to come and always know that there will be a warm welcome, a helping hand......and over teh years although some of teh moderators have changed........they have always been fantastic.....always someone there to answer your post when you are not sure...or have a question or are even a bit down in teh dumps.

I do not post a great deal, however, I have been helped out 'the black hole' on many occasions over the last 7 years.....

so a big fat
to the moderators and everyone who posts here to receive and give support to all the other the members.

xx Hazel

·
Registered
869 Posts
I love this site!:) There are not any support groups in my immediate area, and, my family chooses not to hear/talk about Lupus ever, basically ignore that I have it, so, this is where I go to get health information, first hand accounts, emotional support etc.. I really would be lost without this site and I don't think I would be doing nearly as well as I am without it:) Somedays I feel like I am hanging on by a thread, and this site is that "thread". Thank you to all of the members and moderators for being there for me.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I too would like to extend my "thank you's" to the owner of the site, the moderators and all that belong to it.

You are all so special - each and everyone of you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts