The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My next door neighbour came to the door on Wednesday with some flowers and a card for me as she'd heard I had been off work ill. Her and her husband are retired and she is such a nice person. We were chatting and I told her about having lupus. Guess what.....she has it too!

Almost 3 years ago I was telling her about the rash I'd had on my face and she had mentioned one that she had on her arms but we never discussed it further. She was diagnosed with cutaneous lupus and is being monitored for systemic. I couldn't believe it.

The other weird thing is that while talking to my neighbour on the other side last summer she mentioned that her and her daughter had both been tested for lupus.

It's amazing how small a world it is when you get talking to people.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
my daughters teacher had what she described as 'mild lupus'. It really helped when I was in hospital with a stroke, and my daughter was being hasseled about her studies by another teacher (my daughter's grades slipped in a test as she was really worried about me) - the 'lupus' teacher stuck up for her and told the nasty one to leave her alone.

It's hard being an only child, single parent with a sick mum, so having that support from a teacher was really great. My daughter was just reminding me about it the other day (it was a few years ago now).

definitely a small world

raglet

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
hey, I just thought - you could use a new variation of 'can I borrow a cup of sugar?"

I am picturing you over knocking on your neighbours door saying 'can I borrow a couple of plaquenil?"

muahahahaha!

Raglet

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
AWwww Pam that sure is sweet of her to bring you flowers when you are down or not feeling to good((((hugs)))).That is very strange to find someone that lives near you with Lpus.My daughter is dating this guy for like four years now and come to find out her boyfriends mom has lupus also and she lives like a block away or so.It is nice to talk to someone that can tottaly relate to us.I sure hope you get feeling much better real soon ((((((((hugs)))))))))pam.

Tammy

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Pam,

That is so cool that you found neighbors to have lupus. ( well you know what I mean.) It really is a small world. She sounds like a really nice lady to know.

Do you know if your other neighbor and daughter test positive for lupus?

I like Raglet's idea of borrowing a couple plaq.:hehe:

Take care of yourself.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Pam,
I think that is fabulous!!! I too like the borrowing of any drugs:rotfl: Whatever is needed for thar moment.
You two can share so much-really very neat.

I hope you are feeling a little bit better.
How long did you take off from work? Is that helping you in the stress dept, at all?
Take care of yourself!

Love,
Becca

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Pam,
yes its funny that it happened like that!
I have been quite surprised as i have told a few people that i am being investigated for lupus and 3 of them know people who have it.
There is another lady i my villiage who has it. A friend of a friend of mine has it and a lady from the local pre school knows someone with it aswell. I guess it can't be as rare as i thought it was.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, i hope you pick up again soon.

Cassie.x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is weird saying that I was very excited when I found out!

Raglet - that is too funny :rotfl: We'll be passing the sunblock from one side of the fence to the other! :hehe:

Becca - I've been off 6 weeks now and will be for another month. The pain hasn't eased any but is managed by the Tramadol. I can honestly say that I've never been so stress free in my life! I knew I was suffering from stress but didn't realise how badly. I feel like the old me is back :lol:

Lyn - I haven't asked my other neighbour - I know they both had rashes, joint and thyroid problems.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.