The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about stress and found this stress test.
Having lupus and stress together is a hard mixture for us all. I have found areas that I need to improve in after doing this stress test.

:grouphug2:
Lyn

1.True or False... Worrying impacts your whole body, not just your thoughts and emotions.

2.True or False...If you have a steady job, you are less likely to experience stress.

3.True or False...Heart-pumping exercise relieves anxiety and depression.

4.True or False...Expecting the worst is the best way to prepare yourself for a challenge.

5.True or False...You can feel stressed even if you limit your activities and commitments.

1.True.. When you are fearful or worried, your blood pressure and heart rate rise. Your muscles get tense and you are more prone to aches & illness. Over time, stress can lead to depression, as well as headaches, heart disease, and other problems

2. False..Many factors,including family dynamics, health issues and financial concerns, contribute to your overall stress level. Even if you love your job, difficult coworkers and changing responsibilities can cause anxiety.

3. True... Regular physical activity boosts your mood, releases muscle tension, and helps you sleep better. Exercising at least 30 min a day most days of the week is ideal; even small amounts of movement throughout the day makes a difference. (I know this one is hard for us, it wears me out so I do what I can and feel like doing)

4.False.. Anticipating what could go wrong and focusing on worst-case scenarios increases your anxiety and might even prevent you from participating in new opportunities. Instead of envision success and practice positive self-talk.

5.True.. Anxiety impacts everyone differently. You might be more likely to feel stressed if you spread yourself too thin, but even individuals who keep their schedules and commitments in check can find themselves overwhelmed.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
:hehe: I managed to get 100% in that one, must be the only A grade I've ever had in my life!!!

Seriously though, it's a nice reminder :)

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
So true, so true !! So easy to get caught up in the negative way of thinking too. It takes a lot of practice to change your negative to positive. Hope you are well !

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Lin,
This was good I got an A grade also but it don't mean that I limit these things in my life it just means I know the answers and still can't manage my stress lol . I am glad you posted this as some might not know the answers or think that what is true is false. I hope you are feeling well.

·
florie
589 Posts
Interesting and so true. I live with stress everyday. I keep a log of all the positive things i have done each day, even though there is alot of negetive. This is my homework from my therapist. Maybe some of you might try it and look back at it when your negetive.
Just my 2cents. Luv, florie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts