The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have been looking up the symptoms of swine flu, and I have no idea if I would be able to tell if I had it! I already have a high temp, aching muscles and joints, often a sore throat when my glands are up, I never have an appetite, I sneeze on a regular basis anyway, and I have permanent fatigue!

I am on plaquenil, co-codamol and diclofenac, but no immuno-suppresants...

What do other people think? Would appreciate some thoughts on this!

RM

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi there,

The only people that can diagnose you are those in the medical proffession. If you think your symptoms are worse than normal perhaps its time for you to phone (not visit) your GP for further advice!

I do know lots of people in UK are being given Tamiflu antiviral just with suspected Swine Flu, just incase (doesnt mean they did actually have it)!

Take care and let us know what you decide to do!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
In my experience,(having had it) I would say that the aches and pains were relentless. I am always in pain like most of us but these pains were far worse.
It has taken me 12 days to feel a little better , I was going nuts!
x Lola

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
im no dr and like a lot of us, im always in pain or aching, but i have had flu in the past, and i couldnt move as i hurt to just move my head,

they say you can tell the difference from flu to a cold and omg you can,
so i think you would know the difference, but if your that unsure go ring your doc xx

·
Registered
336 Posts
the only way you can know for sure is for your doctor to test you for it, but like the others have said if your symptoms seem greater than usual for you, call your doctor. If you catch it early, the antivirals meds might help lessen the symptoms/shorten it's course.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
great question, I was wondering the same, am sitting here with a dry sore throat, muscle cramps, headache, exhaustion and the sniffles. I have no idea if I am just in my flare or am comin down with the swine flu. I keep checking my temp and am using that as a guide.....it's a weird one!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts