The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never new there was such a thing until i was told about 6 months ago.i first found out i had Parkinsons then rheumitoid arthritis and fybromialga now lupus
I try very hard to keep going like i used to ,but it is hard.The hardest is the feeling tired and the shortness of breath.I am on insurance from the state so i dont have many options on what dr i can have.Any tips would be greatly appreciated though i am a single parent and work 2 jobs and try to help my 80 year old mom and dad out ect,ect,ect...........................................::wacko:Thanks for listening;)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Bonky :hello: :wavey: :hello:

First of all
to the lupus site.

I am Jo, i live in the UK, i am 33 and was dx with lupus in may 2004.

The hardest part of lupus for me is the tiredness also, the painful joints and skin rashes etc aren't pleasant either but the tiredness is something that never seems to go away.

The best advice i was given regarding lupus was 'listen to your body' you do need to get plenty of rest, altho for you doing 2 jobs, been a single mum and looking after both your elderly parents must be something that you don't get alot of - but trust me the rest is essential. Also on those days that you do feel pretty good and seem to have alittle more energy - Don't over do it, i know its easier said than done because i am 4 years down the line and i still over do.

I hope you find the help, support and care that you need from this site, there are always members who are willing to give the best advice that they can along with support. Its a great place to be.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello and Welcome, Bonky,

Your life sounds pretty hectic, how do you feel about the diagnosis. Guess you must worry about how you can cope each day. Thinking of you,
X Lola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts