The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Slanket - yes folks it's a blanket with sleeves! :lol:

Hubby saw it in an in-flight magazine and thought of me as I always feel the cold. The website is based across the pond and I think he paid more for the postage than the actual item. :rolleyes:

This is the product pic:
View attachment 186

And this is me with my new Slanket:
View attachment 187

We have had such a giggle over it but it is very toasty although not the most flattering. The website also donate to charity with every purchase. Because mine is pink, they donated to Breast Cancer Research. I may never move from the sofa again. :hehe:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking good ;) At least you aren't cold anymore. They have them over here with a foot pocket too. I have a small heating blanket that never leaves my side..aAt least your doesn't need to be plugged in..lol

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yo Pam, my girlie!

New Mrs World competition essential dress item or what!

I think it is fab. I would like a green one when i enter Mrs World (mature entrant class) AND so long as i am wearing the matching over the face pull up snood, i reckon i might win.

I do think it is missing a hood - is that because it is open at the back?

I like the charity donation idea too. Great!

Stay toastie. Judging by the weather forecast we will all be needing one. Is it absolutely pelting down up your way too?

:love:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You look good in a slanket!!!!
I love it and the fact they donate to charity-wish we could donate to Lupus.

Stay warm-my friend:)

Love,
Becca

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
wow, I have never seen one of those - looks very snug.

What happens around your back - does it have a back on it ?

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's cheesy but I love it! Especially as Hubby bought it for me :love:

There is plenty of it to wrap round your back but some velcro would be useful. I also thought of a pocket for the remote. :lol:

I can see a business opportunity in becoming a UK supplier as it's $51 for the shipping! ;)

Alwin - we had hailstones yesterday. I think our seasons are all upside down!

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yo Alwin!!

Do they do them in childrens sizes, mine would love them.

Great pic by the way.

I think you could turn it round the other way,stitch a bright pink feather bower round and down from the neckline, some killer heals and then go shopping in it:).

Very Gok

Ive just come back from Wimbledon.
Wish I had one there as was in centre court till late evening..
Of course I couldnt as it would have to be green and Alwin and I should we ever turn up to the same party or place somewhere or indeed the same comfycouch then wearing the same colour slankey would not do.

I want one in ermmm
technicolour?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Nicky they do Slankets for kids too!

This would've done you a treat at Wimbledon - I think I may have to have mine surgically removed.

I'm like linus with my Slanket and V-shaped pillow going from room to room. :lol:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Nicky

Gok ... Gok ... Gok .... What it is, this 'Gok'?

Yes indeedy - not a good idea to wear the same item as me at the same do. I might have to Gok you or summat!

Pam

The business idea is a go. I recon we could make an outdoor range in tarpauline with a front face hood with eye holes, extra strong velcro at the back, a long brolley pocket, and a great big kangaroo pouch in the fornt for shopping. And some wheels to support the pouch.

Tell you - we will turn some heads, so we will!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts