The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please dont read this if you are sqeamish. In fact I dont really know why I am writing it apart from it just felt horrendous and just maybe someone there in Lupie land may understand.

My friend came round for dinner yesterday. I havent seen her in ages so I was really excited about meeting up. I was very tired all week so I decided we would go out to eat so I could enjoy her company rather than being too exhausted.

I had spotted this lovely looking pub a number of times so we headed there and had a fantastic Sunday Roast Lunch. We had just finished the meal and were chatting over some soft drinks when I came over really hot and within seconds started to be sick. I clamped my hand over my mouth and leapt up to find the toilet. The only one I could find was the disabled which was locked. I turned down the corridor next to it and all I could find was a meeting room. Continuing to vomit into my hands I staggered back to the table calling help. My friend came to me and found the toliets and led me quickly to them. My friend was great and comforted me whilst I was tidying myself up and I was sobbing.

Vomitting attacks happen to me occasionally. I have never been able to decide whether its the drugs or the disease but never so publically before.

Most close friends know I am ill but I always keep the worst from them. This poor friend got it all!!!!

Now it just feels like one of those dreams where you are giving a presentation and you realise you have no clothes on!!!

When will this disease stop taking away my self esteem?

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
((( Kit kat ))) you poor thing, that must have been so embarrassing. I am sure your friend understood though, she was probably concerned for you.

I hope you are feeling better now,

Deb x

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
I had an episode like that at work one time. The next day a couple of people asked if I was alright and the others went on as if nothing had happened. Everyone has an embarrassing moment now and then, fortunately most people are polite enough not to make a big deal of it.

One tip I learned when I was pregnant, always carry a small paper of plastic bag in your purse.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,410 Posts
(((KitKat)))

True friends will never leave you. That is the beauty of friendship.
I have a feeling that your friend was worried about you and she was happy to help you out.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
"A friend who can't take being barfed on is no friend at all."
This ancient Oriental maxim, which I have just invented, is really true.
Years ago when the SLE was doing things to my digestive system Kathryn often had to clean the bathroom since I did not always fire accurately (despite good military training in marksmanship). Then there were the sinus haemmorhages; blood is very sticky and yucky to clean up while your husband is so sick.
Now you understand why I have stuck with Kathryn for over forty-two years but why on earth did she stay with me?
Douglas+

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
I am so sorry that you are suffering in this way. I am sure your friend will understand, the real friends stay with you
I cant think of anything to say except my thoughts are withy ou
I do vomit a lot without warning often after eating but thankfully always made the toilet. Although my medical team know they dont seemt o be concerned and issue me with tablets to help with the sickness I get such a lot of.

This condition and you are right it takes away a lot from us that only we understand.
I am so sorry that you suffer in this way and what should have been a good time was not.
Thinking of you
Pam

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your hugs and support.
Brilliant idea of taking a little plastic bag! There is now one stored safely in my bag.

Also you were all right about my friend. We have booked another day out in a couple of weeks so I couldn't have scared off too badly. Probably wont go to the same pub though :blush:

I hope all of you are doing well today.

God Bless
K

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi KitKat,

While I don't have Lupus myself, I've recently had gastric bypass and there are just certain things that make me sick....and I'm sure I haven't found all of them yet!

Have thought about keeping track (at least mentally) what you had to eat and drink on those instances when you have become ill? There are somethings that are just harder to digest or maybe that are a little more irritating to the tummy then others. If you can find a pattern in what you eat and/or drink during those times, that might help you to avoid those combinations when you go out.

It is very embarassing, but it sounds you have a great friend there! Good for you! :)

*hugs*
Melissa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.