TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Inky
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say my thoughts are with those of you in the USA (or any who live in Cuba) who have Hurricane Gustav coming your way.

I hope you are your families are not affected by this, or that if you are you get all the help and support you need.

Love
Sara
x

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Yes I hope all will be safe and well too. The idea of those areas and all those people who were affected by Katrina suffering all over again is too awful to think about.

Clare

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
My heart goes out to those people that have already been hit by Hurricane Gustav. Already families have suffered the loss of their loved ones and homes! Many of those in places that have no infrastructure and lack of resources to help, its such a tradegy all round!

For all those that are evacuating or planning to stay in their homes my heart goes out to you -take care and I do hope all will be safe and survive!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
18 Posts
Evacuations are in full force in New Orleans. People who can't otherwise get out on their own are loaded onto buses or taken to planes to drive or fly out of the area. Because of what happened with Katrina, this time the local, state, and federal government aren't taking any chances. A state of emergency was declared. All highways are one way only out of the area. No one but emergency workers allowed to come in.

This is a powerful hurricane headed for one of the most defenseless areas of our country. If New Orleans is indeed hit again, the arguments will be renewed against rebuilding in a bowl surrounded by water that is below sea level. I do hope all the residents are evacuated safely and we do not have a repeat of what happened three years ago.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I also have to add to all the support already been posted.I to am hoping that the people of New orleans will listen and hopefully they will help the ones that have no way to evecuate to get out of there if need be.I am still praying that some how some way it takes a turn away from ones whom are still trying to get there life back to some kind of order((((hugs)))to all of them.It seems like a really bad dream to me but could only imagine how it feels to everyone there in New orleans(((hugs))).

Tammy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I hope all our members are safe and not in the path of this Hurricane. Its just too terrible to think of those poor people having to flee their homes when many are still not even half recovered from Katrina.

Hugs to all and I hope you stay safe

Joan:rose:

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
My thoughts will be with everyone along the Gulf Coast and further along the path of the hurricane. Hopefully this time the officials are better prepared to help all of you in the aftermath.

Stay safe,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
To all those who are effected by the hurricane, i just wanted to send you my best wishes and to say that you are in my thoughts. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Take care & best wishes :bunny: Jo :bunny:

·
11,405 Posts
My thoughts are with everyone that is affected by the hurricane.

Please stay safe and let us know when you can on how you are doing.

:grouphug2:
Lyn

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sending best wishes to all the people and pets caught in the path of this awful hurricane - hope you all stay safe!

raglet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts