The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
im currently waiting to be referred.
just wondering wot others experience of this are .
how long befor you found it helped or maybe it didnt help for you.
ive been having problems with my hips and lower back .
im willing to give anything a try.
be good to read about others experience of this

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've done this, it felt good to move my joints again in WARM water without the weight bearing part of it. I would recommend giving it a try; it felt good to me while I was doing it, but I'm not sure that it had a positive long term effect. I ended up stopping when it got to be winter/cold because the effort it took to bundle up, drive there, change to swimsuit, do the exercises, get dressed again, dry hair that got wet, drive home... well, it was way more effort than it was worth and just plain wore me out. :( In winter it easily became a 2+ hour event, which was/is like a marathon to me.

I'm thinking I need to retire in, if not move before hand, to a warmer climate...

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
I have done it a couple of different times. I would still be doing it except I became extremely sensitive to chlorine. Back in the early 1990's I did it for 2-3 years and it helped keep me nimble. Besides feeling really good it kept all my joints moving and at the time I was working 60 hour weeks. I do remember that you start slow and gradually increase your speed of the exercise routines.

Take care,
Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts