The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been in so much pain ive slept for two days and cannot function well at all. im running out of my pain meds too early which scares me and i put a call into my rhuemy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there,

I'm sorry you're in so much pain (((((hugs)))))

It really sounds like you need a serious review of your meds and/or an appointment at the pain clinic. If you can't can't get in touch with your rheumy you might need to pay a visit to emergency :(

hugs again :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've moved your post from the Introduction Forum to this forum as this is the most appropriate forum for your post.

Very sorry to hear you're having such trouble at the moment. You may want to ask your doctor about suggestions for getting better sleep besides more pain medication; whenever there's a lack of sleep for any reason then that can really amplify our pain levels.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hello,

I am so sorry your in such distress and pain. Katherine is right. You need to see a dr, as soon as possible.

Nice to meet you.

Please let us know how you get along.

:) Sandy

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Getting a hold of you doctor is essential. In the meantime you should try a few home remedies. Try soaking in a warm (not hot) bath. Apply heat to the joints screaming the loudest. Do some simple relaxation and visualization to help relax those muscles surrounding the joints. Listen to music and try to block everything else out. It is also important to continue to move your joints to keep them lubricated.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I am so sorry to read of your pain and distress. There is nothing that I can say (write?) that can be of help other than to be sure you know that you are not alone. Many of us have had stretches such as you describe but they do pass. "This too will pass" is great wisdom. I have just come out of the worst patch in over thirty years but now that it is over it is over. Relax as best you can, and do keep us posted.
Blessings,
Douglas+

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I understand how you feel and just wanted to say I am sorry your feeling so bad right now and sure hope it gets better.

Let us know how you get along.

I hope the Rheumy makes return calls on Saturdays.:wink2:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
I know how you feel. I sometimes try other things like over the count stuff, heating pads, warm to hot soaks in the tub, and when someone is willing a good massage to help with pain. If none of these work than out the hatch with the pain pill. I am not sure any of these will help you but sometimes they are worth a try again.

I hope you feel better soon and that your doctor sees the pain you are in and finds something better to help you.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello richrich
I am very sorry that you are in such a sorry state. You have asked what medicines people take but you would get more useful replies if you told us some of your story, how lupus is affecting and what medicines you are taking and have tried. That's because the medicines we take vary depending on our needs and what helps us most which is often through trial and error. An experienced doctor usually directs therapy knowing all the options and hopefully what is most appropriate

There are several possible causes of pain too and unfortunately it's quite common to have more than one.

I am really sorry you are having such a hard time in all respects.

Here's to better days PDQ

Hugs

Clare

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I was little, I would get random pains a lot when I went to bed... So used to sit with me for a while, and have me visualize butterflies, all different colors and shapes and sizes... Coming and landing where it hurt. And the pain was grey, and they would pick up clumps of the grey, and fly it somewhere far away and drop it, then come back for more. Sometimes, I have to give myself butterflies to be able to go to sleep because the drugs aren't working enough and I can't quite get there cause I hurt too much.

Don't laugh. It helps!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry for your pain, I hope whilst I am typing this that you have found some relief that has helped you to sleep.

Some days nothing works and I agree that lack of sleep amplifies the pain. I use heat and reiki (easy when huuby is a reiki master) to help when pills just aren't enough . . . .I don't have a bath right now, but that has helped in the past too, just make sure someone is on standby to help you out and keep an eye on you if you fall asleep in there . . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts