The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...its official, I am pregnant! LOL :lol:

I have officially reached the point where I cannot put on underwear, socks or shoes and heaven forbid if I have an itch. :eek:

I really have not gained that much overall body weight, but my belly arrives 5 minutes before my behind...which ALSO has grown LOL :)

I am way bigger at this point than I was with pregnancy #1 - but best to know baby is fine and kicking like a black belt in karate

Just under 9 weeks to go...I cant wait!
Sharon

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Haha, I think second pregnancies are often like that. At least with today's technology you should be sure there's only one.

My ex mother in law used to be able to sit her coffee cup on top of her belly but three days before she gave birth she found out it was twins! :rotfl: No, no, I am not trying to make you panic, it just always makes me think of her when I see big bellies..

I'm glad to hear the baby seems in great health and I hope it all goes really wellwhen the time comes.

Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Sharon:)

I remember reaching a certain point in my pregnancy (and it felt like it was overnight!) when I suddenly ballooned out! It seemed like one minute I was managing this bump and the next minute I was waddling around. It was somewhere between my sixth and seventh month.

An aunt of mine delivered her baby many years ago and when she got back into the ward she starting shouting "my knees! my knees!". One of the nurses got a fright and rushed over to ask her if she was alright and my aunt said "I can't believe I can see my knees again!" :rotfl:

Enjoy it! Soon enough that little bundle will be taking up all your time - never mind your belly space! :)

Best of luck
Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL :rotfl:

Yes, it did seem to happen overnight Joan! I noticed one night that in order to get off the couch I need to roll off....lol

As for the twins thing Katherine....bite your tongue!!!!!!!!! LOL :)
Seriously, every appt I ask my OB...ARE YOU SURE THERE'S ONLY ONE IN THERE? :hehe: Ive been assured there is...but hey there have been many who were surprised!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Poor you sharon!!..I was exactly the same when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter!

I was fine everywhere else just the enormous belly :lol:
with my first daughter I didn't go big at all & everyone would comment on it,asking if the baby was the right size etc :worried: ..then when I was big with my second they commented on how big I was & was I concerned about the effect it would have on my joints?:eek:
I couldn't win either time :lol:

glad you & baby are fine sharon..make sure you get plenty of rest!9 weeks isn't long at all :) very exciting!
take good care & keep us updated
karen x

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
How wonderful...you sound just great..

look forward to the arrival of your little bundle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts