TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been feeling so sick lately. :mad: :mad: :mad: I am in so much pain. My arms and legs, fingers really hurt a lot. I feel exhausted all the time.
I have been suffering from lupus for more than 10 years:worried: :worried: . Lately however the pain and cognition problems seem to be worse than ever.
I can't remember names and forget words all the time.
Is this because I am so tired or is it lupus ?
This is getting me really worried.

Does this sound familiar?

Hugs

Maura

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Maura,

I'm sorry to hear that you are in so much pain and feeling so bad right now :(

Cognitive problems are common with lupus but I think that the answer to your question is "a bit of both".

Tiredness will obviously make those symptoms a lot worse and anyone will have a degree of cognitive problems from sleep deprivation.

It sounds very much like you need to address that pain. Have you talked to your rheumy about it? Maybe you need to adapt some meds or try some new ones.

Pain is something that really affects our sleep so I think that as a first step that needs dealing with.

hugs to you :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maura,

You sound a lot like i would get.

My fibromyalgia would have me in so much pain. Everytime i moved it would hurt and it felt like i was walking through water all the time.
I know i had done too much when the cognitive issues came in.
Forgetting the simplist things and just feeling foggy in general

The only thing that would help me is rest. I would take a muscle relaxant or a pain killer (something that would make me sleepy) and sleep.. After a good rest is the only time i would feel better.

Good Luck

((((((((((soft hugs for your pain)))))))))))

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Maura, has your Rheumy tried medicine that specifically targets nerve pain? Mine just put me on a 7 day free trial of Lyrica and I can NOT believe what a difference it makes. Currently I am waking up feeling good!!!!! The alternative to Lyrica would be Neurotin (sp?).

BTW Sadie - the flyer says its also used to treat Fibromyalgia.

There are possible side effects, so far (cross fingers) I haven't had any.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,
:) :) :)
Thank you so much for your help and advice.
I am currently taking Feldene for the pain but it does not help me much.
Because I suffer from heart arrhythmia my cardiologist wants me to avoid NSAID's because possible interaction with my heart meds.

I am going to ask my doctors what they think about Lyrica.
I try to rest as much as I can, and indeed, it helps. I have been at home all week but tomorrow I have to go back to work. I am not sure if I will be able to.

Thanks again.

Big hugs

Maura

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Maura,

I hope you feel better soon. Pain, is hard to cope with, and tiredness, makes the pain feel even worse.

Take Care...

Love,
Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts