TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Very Sad and half shot in the butt on 2 bottles of wine.

Does life ever get good or at least cut us a break.

I hope your all having a good night.

·
florie
589 Posts
Hi Karol,
So sorry you are sad. I understand why you are sad too. What is happening with your mom ?

I don't know if drinking wine is a good thing for you. You are in pain and trying to put out the pain with wine. I am worried about you. Life isn't fair all the time. My mom is now signed up with hospice. I am hoping they will do good for her. Easter is coming and i try to keep my mind focused on my grandchildren. So tonight i picked up some things for all 9 of them. I am not looking forward to easter but have to keep the hopes up for the kids.
Try talking to someone karol, do you have a therapist? Please try to keep your head up and know that someone is always there for you and cares. That's me and everyone on the site.
sending soft hugs , Florie:hugbetter:

:flowery:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Karol, I'm sorry you are having such troubled times. Florie is right, we are here and willing to listen. I find holidays/celebrations hard to go thru at times.

If you don't have a therapist, perhaps your insurance can provide you with the names of covered providers. Or, ask your doctor for a referral. I don't know what I would have done at times had I not had a therapist to work with.
Sally

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Karol,

I'm sorry you're feeling so blue :( I have to agree with the others that if you feel that bad then you need to see about getting some help for it. I think you know that and would give that advice yourself to someone else.

I also have to say that drinking of any sort really only makes people feel even worse. It's also really not a good idea with the meds we take :(

Katharine

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Karol,
I really understand where you are right now.
A nice cool bottle of Pinot would seem just the ticket. Unfortunately alcohol does agree with my stomache:worried: probably just as well;)

Seriously though......the department where my dad is treated has good support for the families of sufferers. Is there anything similar for you?
I completely get the need for a bit of respite from our concerns.

Sending you a cyber hug and shoulder to lean on.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:worried: (((((Karol)))))

Lots of big hugs going your way :hug:!

:foryou: some cyber flowers just for you!

PM if you feel up to it, or if you see me in chat come and join me!

Love and more hugs :hug:!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the support.

I am feeling under the weather from the drinking last night.

I NEVER DRINK!!!

Must admit it did me the world of good.

I know I will feel better tomorrow after some rest and lots of fluids to flush the toxins from my self indulgent body.:lol::lol::lol:

Hugs to you all and I will post a new thread once I am up to it.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend.:wink2:

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
(((((( hugs )))))

To my dear friend Karol

Sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I hope that things improve for you soon.

Hugs

Deb

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Karol

Glad you are feeling better. Sometimes we do need to 'break out' and let our hair down. You must feel very seedy after two bottles of wine though! Ouch!

Like you say, rest up and drink lots of fluids. Tomorrow is another day

Take care
Joan:rose:

·
4,430 Posts
Hey Karol, just make sure the 'lots of fluids' are not more wine!!!! Take care and lots of hugs. :rotfl:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Karol, Sorry you have been feeling blue(used to be my favorite color!), but glad your coming out of it. I have not been on line for a few days,been a bit under the weather,so I just came across your post. Try to stay strong and take care. Trust me, I know what you are going thru. I have lost 14 family members and friends in the last 2 years, one being an 8 year old child to cancer, and my Mum has CHF. I have not been able to recover from one loss, till I'm grieving for another. Life gets very overwhelming for all of us.
God Bless, Rosie

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much to all who replied and offer support.

Tommorrow I will post a post about my mom with more specific details.

I really needed to wait until a picture was painted clearly before I posted.

Like many people on this board I am grateful for the support offered by my cyber buddies. I love you all very much!!!:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Karol,

I hope your feeling better today. I know you are going through an awful difficult time, with your ill mom. I hope your at least able to rest and take care of yourself, during this difficult time in your life.

We only have one mom, and it is hard to see her suffer..We are human, and grow weary. It is hard a a healthy person, much less those of us that are chronically ill.

Please know, I will we thinking of you and sending you both blessings in my heart.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
368 Posts
:sad: Karol, sorry that you are feeling so poorly! Wine only helps temporarily. Life is like a roller coaster, up and down. I've had lupus and RA for 14 yrs.Somedays I can function well, other days I stay in bed. Unfortunately, hubby doesn't understand. But you have to do what your body needs. It's hard, takes some adjustment (in your head). Cathy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi [Karol]..

I'm sorry to know that you are sad..:worried: I understand you because all of us comes in those times of sadness... You are not alone.. You may share you're problems with us.. or try talking to someone.. Ok?! :hugbetter: You can surpass that! :there: Go! Go! Go!:hug:

:foryou:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts