TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,:)

I have been doing some funny things lately.
One day I walked into the shower with my glasses on.:eek:
Another time I went to bed with my glasses on.:rolleyes:

Today's tops those though. I was filling my weekly pill box last night.(at 11pm first mistake) I found that I had only pill left in one of my bottles. ( thinking to myself that I dont do that I am always on top of my med refills) So I had hubby call the pharmacy to get it ordered so I could get it picked up after running errands.
I stop at the pharmacy and was told that I should have 17 days left and the ins. company said I couldn't renew it. I called hubby and had him look in the cupboard where I keep my pills. Well..... though and behold I had it refilled a week ago.:ashamed:

I apologized to the pharmacist for making them more work than they needed too, pickup my mom's meds and quickly left. :blush2:

I guess I need to just laugh and let it go.:hehe:
Here's to not doing anything silly for awhile.:rolleyes:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Lyn, I am like this on a regular basis. Please don't worry-other people don't notice half as much as we think they do.
Hope you feel better soon.
x Lola

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Lyn

I have done the walking into the shower with my specks on too so I suppose we should start a club!!! I am still waiting for the day I forget to take my dog home with me when I leave work for the day!!!

I am still getting used to the silly tricks this Lupus plays on us on a daily basis!!!

Claire xx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I so do understand the forgetting things and stumbling over things :lol:.You have been through an awful lot lately (((hugs)))but i do understand it is very upsetting to.do what we always do my friend and laugh it off our brain will come back every so often for a visit :rotfl:and if not oh well you have friends here to help you laugh it off as you say.Take care my friend and try to relax when you can(((hugs))).

Tammy

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone,:grouphug2:
It is nice to know that I am not alone.

Yes, Claire we should start a club.:rotfl:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lyn,

I know the feeling of not being "right" upstairs. It is a little scarey, isn't it?

I think, because we can't control it, the best thing to do is laugh it off..
I have gone into the shower with glasses on also. Also, gone to bed numerous times with glasses on. My husband usually tells me..:lol:

Tammy, is right. Every so often our brains come back to visit us..:lol:

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
87 Posts
hee hee hee....Hi Lyn, I had to tell you, i don't have Lupus and I'm not "old" (36) and I constantly seem to go to my swimming class (at an indoor pool, from 8pm to 9pm) with my sunglasses on my head. The girls in class are starting to pick on me about starting a new fad of shades in the indoor swimming pool - lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Don't worry Lyn,
I went to bed once and forgot to take my contact lenses out,woke up the next morning and thought 'I'm cured! it's a miracle,I can see!' hhhhmmm,:rolleyes:
Julsie

·
Registered
498 Posts
I also have to say my brother stayed the other week and lost his glasses.We looked everywhere and eventually I came back into the room and said 'sorry,kids must have moved them,I'll have to send them to you',he just looked at me with that pitiful look,waiting for me to see that he had found his glasses and they were on the end of his nose! durrr!
Julsie

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You all are so caring and funny.:):rotfl:
Thank you for the giggles, I needed them today.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
:rotfl:Hi Lyn :wavey:

I wouldn't worry about it, people without lupus do silly things too its just that we have an excuse.

I have spent time in the past looking for my glasses only to find that they are on my face or on the top of my head, i once went in the shower with my underwear still on, suppose it saves washing it :rotfl::wink2::rotfl:maybe we could all do that and save ourselves some washing. I have also gone into the shower with my slippers on but luckily i realised before i turned the shower on.

Hope you are keeping well and hope to catch up with you soon.

Till then, take good care of yourself :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Oh Boy Lyn your worse then me.:lol::lol::lol:

The phone in the refrigerator is not nearly as bad as the glasses in the shower.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I got a kick out of your post here. I am sure you were frustrated yet it happens to the best of us.

I tend to laugh at myself a lot every time I do things like this.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for making me smile tonight and don't be so hard on yourself......instead just stand in line with the rest of us here.;)

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:grouphug2:thank you everyone.

You are right I was frustrated with myself when I wrote that post. It is nice to know I am not alone.

Phone in the refrigerator :rotfl:I wouldn't been able to hang onto it, to cold, raynards.

Jo sounds like a good plan to me.:rotfl:Saves energy and time.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
98 Posts
walking around confused???

One day I was at work and had so many things on my mind.
I tried to get lots of things done but I seemed to struggle with seeing things clearly.
It wasn't until several hours later that I realized that I had picked up someone else's glasses and had been wearing them all afternoon!
When I looked in the mirror--I laughed!! They were so different from mine and I couldn't believe I hadn't realized it.
That was another of those weird and silly days that we all seem to have at times! Silly Lupie me!!!
I finally did find my own glasses and returned the other pair to a lady who was truly lost without hers and had been looking for them all afternoon.
A few months later I had to have cataracts removed and lens implants due to high doses of prednisone that I was on a few years earlier.

·
Lisa_S
441 Posts
I do similar things, but THIS one was funny for a different reason.

While I'm at work, I generally carry my office keys with me everywhere - my office opens into a public corridor, and as you'd expect, unattended purses or wallets occasionally go missing, so I always lock it when I leave.

A couple of months ago, I was getting ready to go home, and couldn't find my keys - I cleared my desk, checked the washrooms, checked with security, checked with HR (they sometimes get found items turned in), nada. I finally asked my boss for a ride home, (he lives a couple of blocks away so it's on his way) broke into my house through a back window, picked up my spare set of keys, biked back to work, and then drove home and collapsed.

The next day I got a very sheepish phone call from someone I'd had a meeting with the day before - we have the same key chain, and she'd picked up my keys when she'd left my office.

So it's not always us!

Lisa

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
lyn,
We all have those days and they come and go. I am sure you had things on your mind other than what you were doing at the time. LOL, I do have to say I usually can't find my glasses to start my day so at least you have yours lol. I am sure the shower would of been good for them lol. It is not the first time a pharmist has had to remind us that we already have our meds. I had to go to the auto refill at walmart and I just have them send me an email when it is ready to avoid those moments again.

I hope you are doing better now, I have to laugh or I would cry thinking of all the times I have done the same things as you. Glad you shared first.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Ok, should of read the replies. I have went to take a shower and the phone rings, after finding everything in its place for the shower pulled certain back and got in clothes and all. Go ahead and laugh I did and looked at the tags wash and wear was what it said lol. Glad to see we still have a sense of humor here.

Be well and don't get hurt doing any of these silly things.

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
The other day I had to pick out new frames for my new prescription. I had narrowed it down to 2 and wanted a second opinion. I went to the girl's desk and realized I had another pair in my left hand and I was confused but figured I would show her those also. When I put them on I realized they were my own :rotfl:

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
59 Posts
I forgot how to tie my shoes the other day. Told my kids they needed to practice tying their shoes so I made them tie mine. My kids are 8 and 11 and have been tying shoes for several years now. I have also forgotten how to get home from work and had to call someone for directions to my own house. I stop at both green and red lights. :)

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a big bruise on my hand. I really don't remember what I did to get a bruise like that.:scratch:

I guess I have to much going on.

Lyn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts