The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a slight fever, feel flu like but have a very stuffy nose as well.. no coughing though. I am on meds.. both prednisone and plaquanil.. should I check with the doc or let this ride out? Not sure what one does when they catch a viral infection while being treated for Lupus.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Hiya,it may not be swine flu. I am on pred and Plaq and feel exactly the same...I am 3xhausted but am sure it's lupus.Hope it's not the flu :hug:

I belive that paracetamol based drugs are the norm but check if it's ok for you to take them

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, both kids are sick. I have been taking care of them to the best of my ability and praying I would not get sick.. and well with the fevers and such, I am sick. I have a nasty cold or the flu.. I called the Rheumy but the office is closed and i was not sure if I shoudl just go back to bed and call in the morning or if I should go to the local hospital. :worried:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Jenna,

I guess you know your body best and are able to determine if you can wait until the morning to connect with your doctor or if not then of course the local ER seems the only option.

I am sorry your sick and not well. Seems we always catch what the kids have.....it never fails.

Rest up and be kind to yourself. Call for help if you need it and see if someone can help care for the kids right now.:wink2:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. When I had a cold or flu whatever it was, I called my rheumy who said if my fever gets to 101 or higher then to go to the ER. After a day, my fever went away so I never had to go to the ER. Guess since I was on Imuran my immune system was compromised so it's easy to get sick. Anyway, I hope you get better soon! Get lots of rest.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I am having issues with falling asleep at a good time but I normally get to sleep in so I make up for the amount of sleep.. but tonight I feel like crap so I plan on just going to lay down and then I will call the doc first thing in the morning before heading out to my thyroid doc app. THANKS for all the support on here. It means soooo much!
:blush:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Jenna, hope you feel better soon and manage to get some rest. It is no fun when the kids are ill and you have to look after them when you are ill as well. Try to get as much rest as possible. Let us know what the rheumy says.

Take care

Deb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.