TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... I just don't like finding out about it." Lloyd Bochner as Chief of Police Neil Campbell in the TV series, "Hong Kong" 1960.

I found out about it, and am still finding out, as my "quality of life" has hit the sewer, temporarily I hope. I had been doing very well on Tramadol once a day until I missed a day! How I did this is beyond me as I take a handful of pills every morning, one of them being the Tramadol. My body was just adjusting to the switch from umpteen T3s a day to the once a day painkiller.
Now I can barely get upstairs, cannot walk without pain, feel as though someone has shoved my guts into a meat grinder and my muscles are playing tug-o'-war.
Had I simply taken the pill, there would be none of this.
The moral of the story: don't miss pills!

Douglas+

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Douglas,

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I'm feeling you. I wake up every morning with leg and back pain. I too take tramadol but my intake is 2 pills 3 times a day, in addition to a 100mg extended release tramadol called Ultram, sometimes more if i plan on exercising on a bike or walking on a treadmill. And i'm determined to lose weight, so that is every other day.

A cane is a good friend of mine now,, occasionally i have to use it just to stand straight.

When my fibromyalgia was flaring i missed a pill one evening and woke up in so much pain i cried. It took all my strength to keep from calling 911. Once the pill kicked in i was fine but resulted in saying the same thing you did.....

don't miss pills!

Take Care

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I understand, this past year I've suddenly started missing some of my pills - usually for some reason the Atenolol. (maybe because its just another white round pill). The first time it happened I just could NOT believe I had done it. Its very frustrating.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi All

I spent a really restless night last week and came to in the morning feeling like a monster truck had reversed over me.

It was'nt until I went to take my after brekkie meds that I realised I had missed my pred the day before (10mg):eek::eek: I can't believe I did that but was relieved that that explained why I felt so rough.
Took a day or so before I felt better.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Douglas,

I really feel for you - I did something similar yesterday. I've been taking 50mg of Tramadol 2 or 3 times a day for the last couple of weeks and it has really controlled my pain.

In my wisdom I decided yesterday that as I was feeling better I wouldn't bother taking any. Let's just say that today I was a 'total mess' with the pain and had to double up the dose. I've been counting the minutes to the next dose and I'm only now getting on top of it.

Turns out I do need the Tramadol after all. :hehe:

I hope you are having a better day today Douglas.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Douglas,
I hope you are feeling better-I think the boards benefit from your wonderful humor!

Please do not be hard on yourself, it seems like I am constantly screwing up my meds and paying the price. My only other thought is make a checklist and check off each med when you take it. I've had to do this when ever I am put on new meds, which has been a lot lately. I also am embarrassed to say this, but I can't remember if I took a med an then fear "double dosing" so I don't take it. See I obviously have issues with med taking:lol: You are nt alone!!!!!

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Sorry to hear this Douglas. Are you perhaps more intolerant of your own 'stupidity' than other people's ? ;)
I have no idea why I forget my meds although I am not going to suffer anything terrible if I go without. It's not that they have side effects and I really do want to take them because my well being depends on them.
There's not much I totally forget about although I am very good about deliberately 'forgetting' things I don't want to do.

Am I crazy? I bet everybody has forgotten or got mixed up at least once. I think it's just that I get absorbed in other things and one thing after another and time just flies by
At least you know now that you need them and I bet you don't do it again.
Be kind to yourself Douglas and feel better soon

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
hi Douglas

Sounds like you need to learn the joys of the pill box - I have a seven day one that I make up once a week.

The only way I can miss taking something is if I miss taking the whole lot :lol:

We all do this stuff, and if this is a first for you then all I can say is well done for it taking so long for you to do this.

Hope you feel better soon

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Douglas,

Don't beat yourself up. I missed a whole seven days worth of 500mgs in the a.m. of CellCept, and ended up in bed for near a week.

I ruined our Memorial Day weekend, and don't remember much about three, days other than the pain and headache, that returned.

I guess, I will be more careful, in the future and fill my pill box, when I am alert and functioning at a better level mentally.

I hope, your feeling better now..

Best Wishes,
Sandy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts