The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in my bonnet!

All day I have felt a buzzing like sensation in the ball of my foot, just on the left side right now.

Wondering if anyone else has ever had this? Any ideas as to what it may be as it is not a bee?

Thanks all - Stephanie

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Stephanie,

It sounds like you are having some tingling. Many Lupus patients experience it. Add it to your list of things to mention to your Rheumy next time you see him or her. I wouldn't worry about it at this point unless it progresses further.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I see him on Wednesday.

Stephanie

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
hi Stephanie

if that bee moves in as a permanent feature, then maybe it would be time to start wondering about neuropathy, but on the other hand many people have those sorts of buzzes come and go with lupus, and it doesn't necessarily build into anything nasty.

gasp/ deep breath, that was one heck of a sentence !

I'd be interested to hear what your rheumie has to day - keep us posted :)

We currently have wasps pouring over the back fence which is a little unnerving seeing one of my dogs is VERY allergic to them and she does love to snap at anything that flies fast her nose. I think she appreciates the extra snack of protein.

My daughter is a little miffed and keeps pointing out the she is allergic too, but her allergy is minor, and she does not tend to try and eat the stupid things as they fly past .....

Hope that bee of yours disappears soon

hugs

raglet

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raglet:

Thanks...the bee is still in the shoe...and sometimes he takes a run to my ankle...but he's here for 2 days now...so I will have to see if he's is a she and planning on building a hive.

As for the Wasps....I too am VERY allergic I carry an epi-pen all the time, have a note in my wallet and on my cell phone.

We have never found a permanent solution, we just spray the nests as we see 'em. I must say that here in Florida, they are much more lethargic than the ones we saw in New York.

Can the vet give you an epi-pen or some equivelent for the dog? Just as a precaution?

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi:

Saw the rhumy today...he said the buzzing was probably a mild neuropathy (I still have it on/off/on/off 3rd day) it's not constant but never goes away for more than a short bit when it does stop.

Siiigh...but I actually feel pretty good, so I won't complain.

He won't do anything unless it gets more intense, spreads or becomes painful...of which it is none.

Thanks for the replies - Stephanie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts