TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m sorry I havent been on for along time, life has been so stressful for the past six months, I don`t know if I`m coming or going. I am so tired of people who onced loved you turning there back on you. What did I ever do? I`m still the same persom with the same heart, I just have a harder time doing things. Peolpe know that stress is the worst thing for me and yet put so much stress on me that I feel like I`m going to burst.:eek: I`m shaking today, and in fact have been for the last couple of weeks and can`t get myself to calm down. The doctor gave me xanax to bring me back to the norm, but I just don`t know what else to do. I drank a bottle of wine last night to try to relax and still nothing? please what else can I do. Super Stressed and no way out!!! Graciella

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Graciella,

I'm afraid I don't know you and don't have much advice. Unfortunately, we all have to get to a place where we avoid that stress ourselves. It takes time sometimes to learn to say no to people, sometimes to learn to live without people that can't take us for who we are. I don't think it's specific to people who are ill, it's just one og those things in life.

I think that each experience teaches us something. It's up to us to learn from that and also to learn to prioritise, put things into perspective and live from one day to the other...

Of course, I'm saying all this kind of "in the air" as I don't know your situation and can just hear your frustration..

hugs to you
:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Graciella,

Please! What ever you do..Do Not mix wine with Xanax. That can be fatal.

Is there anyway, you can reduce your stress levels..by saying no to those who expect so much from you?

If Xanax is not helping you, then there are many other meds your dr. can try.

I know from experience.

I don't know the major source of your stress, so it is hard to suggest ways to reduce it.

A Psychiatrist is best able to know what medications that would work long term..Xanax has a short life, in that it does not stay in your blood stream long. You may be in need of a longer acting medication until this stressful time in your life passes.

I hope you feel better soon Graciella.

Your Friend,
Sandy

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Graciella are you on any medication for deppresion i think some times people can be so ignorant to our feelings when we are going through tough times have you told your doctor how you feel i am sorry that you are hurting so much but you will always get support from all on this site i do hope you feel better soon :) :) elizabeth

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Graciella,
I am so sorry to hear you feel so utterly miserable and unloved.

Please give a little thought to some good helpful coping mechanisms to use when you get desperate. I don't know what works for you, a bath, some music. To be quite honest even a couple of cakes would be better than mixing wine and tablets. We are all here for you.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I actually wouldn't recommend drugs or alcohol as ways to cope with stress. Especially if it's an ongoing form of stress which appears to be the case for you. I would ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist because the best way out of this is to learn some stress reduction techniques, practice them, and have a listening ear there just for you. The therapist may be able to better determine any possible need for medication, and will likely come up with a better option than Xanax if something is needed.

Take care, and I hope the stressful situation(s) ease for you soon, and that you find better ways to cope with them.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
869 Posts
Graciella,
((((((((hugs)))))))))
Xanax does not work for everyone:( .....it turned out to be really bad for my mom, did not help a bit. Please call your Dr. and tell him/her how you are feeling, that the Xanax is not doing anything. As for the alcohol, that can be a slippery slope:worried: , and it is a depressant, not to mention bad for kidneys in large quantities.
I'm sorry to hear you are being stressed out by those around you, and it sounds like you are very much in need of some quiet/down time. Sometimes the world/people can be ridiculously cruel, it is times like that that you need to pamper and care for you, maybe a warm bath, a pedicure, your favorite ice cream, a long nap,a favorite teddy bear, whatever you are in to. I might add that at the beginning of a nasty flare, I sometimes become very jittery, emotionally sensitive, and anxious. Things that I usually cope well with suddenly feel overwhelming. Could this be the case for you too?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all

I am having a really bad flare right now, and I never mix pills with the alchohol, I`m feeling so horrible right now and I have to do so much it becomes over whelming sometimes, I`m mom, taxi, made, cook, trying to keep up with my three kids alone, and my son asked me to do something yesterday and I told him I didn`t feel good and he replied you never feel good. That just about killed me I am here with them 24-7 and live eat and breath for them I can`t believe he said that to me. I don`t want them to feel my sickness but sometimes I just can`t move but I`ll make it a movie day if I can`t physically do anything, I still try to make it a fun day. It just gets hard trying to be up all the time. :worried: Thanks Graciella

1 - 8 of 8 Posts