TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yolanda
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the unfortunate side effects that I have had from Prednisone is facial hair growth. I thought, "I'll take care of that" and bought some wax. It was not a good idea! Good news is that I no longer have any hair on my face. But, bad is that I don't have the top layer of my skin in some places either. I really solved that problem, I look simply marvelous. Please don't anyone else make this mistake! :eek:

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Thank you for the warning. I had been considering doing something. I hope you heal quickly.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
OUCH, that sounds painful :(

I hope it heals quickly :hug:

·
Registered
432 Posts
ALWAYS go to the salon!!! Upper lip only costs like £5-7!! xxxx

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
I have a little tash which I trim, no one knows it's there but me :eek: and all of you now :lol:

·
11,405 Posts
Oh my sounds terribly painful.:hug:

I hope you heal quickly.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ooooooowwwww!!! And I thought I was in pain!

I am not brave enough to try that one. I hope it gets better soon, is there anything you can put on it to ease it, I really don't know. Poor you. :(

Cassie :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
YEOWIEEEEEE! When I had heavy sideburns, I shaved them. I never thought about using wax....I'm a wimp. I avoid pain at all possibilities. I was also lucky that since I am a (natural) blonde my hair on my face came in light blonde.

I hope your skin recovers from the wax. YIKES!
Sally

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
yrobinson,
I wish you had posted first lol I could of told you that lol. Ok, now that I am not laughing so hard there is a thing on american tv. It is a shaveless way to get rid of leg, arm and face hair and it works. The thing is I have not found were to get refills for it lol. Well I do hope you and your missing skin feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Tammy,
Here in the Seattle area the Kroger chain stores have an area where they sell lots of the things on tv. If you have one near you, you might try seeing if they have the product you are wanting.
Sally

·
Registered
432 Posts
oh yeah i know those things that rub the hair off..i used to use it but it tends to give you like dry skin where yu use it however much yu moisturise! they are called magic something i think...you can buy them in savers (uk) xxxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts