TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey everyone...Lucky me got a summons for jury duty...YEAH...NOT!!!! Anyway I qualify for an exemption because I am a stay at home mom and my son is 9 (under 10 and your exempt), but my question I was going to get my doctor to write me an excuse, since I am flaring and on different mind altering drugs I am probably not the best person to say guitly!!:hehe: Has anyone gotten a note from there doctor to dismiss them from jury duty. I actually wouldn't mind doing it if I thought I could sit thru it, but you never know how your going to wake up in the morning...you can go to sleep feeling good and wake up feeling like... crap!! I think you know what I mean:lol:
I would love to hear from others about there jury duty experience or excused service...

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
juryduty

HI Laura i was called for jury duty about 10years ago and my doctor wrote a letter to tell them that i was not fit for it but our law is diffirent to yours ours is Scotish law i then got a letter telling me that i would never be called again as i would have health issues all my life so thats how i got out of it so i would ask the doctor for a note and ask him to tell them that you have on going symtoms that you will have for the rest of your life hope this helps you elisabeth:)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I have been excused from jury duty permanently based on disability - but, if you get out of it due to a child, that sounds like the easiest way to go. The rest isn't really important unless you get called again, and personally the less the government knows about my medical conditions the better I like it. I certainly wouldn't like to get out of it on the basis of 'mind altering drugs' - I value my drivers licence.

hth

raglet

·
Registered
468 Posts
:hehe: I did get excused from jury duty but it was because I was in the hospital with a surgically repaired broken leg and hip...:stretcher: I could also get out of it due to psychiatric disorder, but I wouldn't use the drugs thing because they are really quick to take away your driver's license no matter how fit you may be to drive.:) If you had to use illness the idea of fatique and pain from sitting so long would be good for a doctor to say...some people I know who are a little more brave and lots more devious, when asked about the questions of the case, start to rant and rave about how all fill in the blank ought to be , executed, thrown in jail for life, shot on sight etc.:eek: Automaticaly excused from the jury. the only time I used the mental angle was when I was having shock treatments and my memory was not working, and so I had a person to make legal decisions for me, my mom at that time. But it was made as a temporary thing, now I am back into control of my own stuff.:? :help: Karly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts