TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

Hi Friends,

I have a new girl, fur baby! She is a 10 week old Chiuahuaha. She is so adorable, words cannot begin to describe her..:lol: I am in love..

I have had her for four days, now, and house and crate training are going very well.

She has beautiful markings. Black, with little tan eyebrows and chest, with white socks.

Her name is "Cheese." I have a funny story for all of you.

When my husband, and I went to pick up little Cheese, the breeder had another littler of younger Chia's and a littler of boxer puppies. She had a crate, and in the crate was a MALE boxer pup, letting all the younger baby Chia's nurse away on him! :lol::lol::lol:

It was soooo funny. I laughed, and watching all those pups interact was the best time, I have had since Mother's day. :lol:

We saw the mother and father of Cheese, and they were both handsome little dogs.

I have already purchased some little clothes for her, and downloaded free patterns off the net, to sew and crochet for my new fur baby.:lol:

I will have some good company during the long winter mos..and am looking forward to having a new little friend.:dog::dog::dog:

Hope you have all enjoyed my story.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You forgot one thing - where are the pics???? We need photos of new fur baby's!

She sounds adorable, how did you choose her name? I remember when I got my pup, almost 12 years ago and I had him house and crate trained in a few days too. It is the best thing you can do.

I wish you much fun and happiness with little 'Cheese'.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

Congratulations on your fur baby.... :wishes::wishes::wishes:

pets are so much fun and they do keep us company. Not only that they love us unconditionally....
Looking forward to seeing photos of cheese.

love Penny

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That is an adorable story. How exciting to make your own clothes too and dress her up! Can you make something for my 150 pound Newfie dog? :) I am really starting to understand the desire for the little dogs these days. They are so cute. I too am looking forward to pictures!

Your story also reminded me of a friend's kitten, who while visiting another friend who had a lab mix dog... the dog let the kitten nurse off her! And she had never been a mother. So cute seeing this itty bitty kitty nursing off this gigantic furry dog belly doing the little kneading bit and everything!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
aawww, what a cute story, I can just picture it ! I'd LOVE to see a pic of that baby of yours, a pup is so much fun (also so much work, I'll bet a tiny one takes just as much potty training as my big dogs!)

Cute name - and it reminds me of my little niece, when asked what she was going to call her new doll she got for Christmas, replying 'Baby Cheeses'. She has been helping her grandmother put out the nativity scene and had got a little muddled ..... (she was about 3 y/o).

enjoy that puppy

raglet

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
How sweet :)

I had a little chihuahua years ago (before they became the latest accessory for the stars). I chose her as I lived in a room above the stables where I worked so basically needed a "pocket dog". She was the most unbelievable character and became a real yard and horse dog. She wasn't afraid of anything. When we went back to Mum's for the weekend she would guard the house fiercely. It was very funny because Mum had a bigger dog who was pretty useless as a guard dog but people could see him through the window and not see the little one who was barking away fiercely in her incredibly big voice for such a little dog :rotfl:

When I left Ireland I had to find a new home for her as I at that time I didn't think I'd stay in Belgium and didn't want to impose 6 months quarantine on her (since then we can now travel with dogs through the UK). She went to live with an older lady and became her sole companion. She was spoilt to death and the lady sent a Christmas card from the dog to Mum every year.

I've gone back to being a bigger dog person but that little chihuahua made me see little dogs in a whole other category.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Aww sandy that's so cute!how lovely :hehe:..I agree we need to see a picture :)

good luck with training little cheese :luck: my poor mum is having trouble training her dog at the moment..she's a lovely little ****su, very cute but a bit of a menace :rolleyes: :)

enjoy your new pup sandy
love karen x

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hi Friends,

Thanks, for your replies. I am glad you liked the story. I will always laugh, when I think back on it.

I named little Cheese her name, because..Chihuahua's are often called Chi's for short, and what dog..does not like..Cheese? :lol:

She is the sweetest little pooch. She is smart too. She is doing better, each day and night..being in her crate, without crying.

I will post a couple of pics of her as soon, and I can. :) I do want to share her with all, of you.

I debated, for a couple of years, about getting a dog, and am extremely glad, that I did. :) She is so very loving and gives me lots of kisses.

My husband, told me if I keep letting her lick my lips..he may not kiss me anymore..!:rotfl:

I guess, I will have to think about who is the better kisser...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I used, to think that was gross, but I have changed over time. I have dewormed her! Just for those of you..wondering. :lol:

Expect a picture of baby Cheese, soon. :)

Love,
Sandy

·
florie
589 Posts
:dog: Oh Sandy, what a lovely story to share with us. Your fur baby will be so close to you. And be lots of company for you. send out a photo soon. And don't spoil her to much. :rotfl: :rotfl: I know you are such a good hearted person,to even make her clothes,that's cute. I wish you happy moments and give cheese a kiss from me.:kissy:

Hugs to you, Florie:hug:

·
11,405 Posts
Oh Sandy,
Your last post had me laughing.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Who is the better kisser your husband or Cheese?:lol:

I am very happy you have a little fur baby to keep you company.
When Keebler was a puppy he would always try to give us wet willies. That was very ewwwwwwwww. :rotfl:

Have fun with little Cheese. Pets are wonderful to have.:)

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pictures Of Cheese and I

Pictures of Cheese and I.

/Users/cieto/Desktop/Cheese1.JPG

/Users/cieto/Desktop/Cheese2.JPG

/Users/cieto/Desktop/Cheese with Mom.JPG

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops,

That didn't work..Pictures, of Cheese and I are in my Album..

Sandy :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Ah, she's really sweet looking :) thanks for posting the photos

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Lin if you click on Sage Hens profile you will see that you can see pictures of her new arrival on her Album. Its one of the new features on the board. Everyone has their own picture album:)

Hope this helps
Joan

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thank you for posting the adorable pictures of Cheese:) Cheese certainly is a fashionable fur baby. I hope you have loads of fun making all of the little clothes and dressing Cheese to the nines:lol:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Congratulations Sandy,
Our baby is 5months old and she is shi tzu/poodle at 5lbs. She is going to the groomer with all the other animals tomorrow, so I hope to post pics of family:)
She is alot of work, but brings such entertainment. We do not have her potty trained as well as we had hoped. That can be trying and our dd is really of no help;)
You will enjoy this so much and a dog's love is unconditional.

The funny thing is she loves my hubby way more than the dd or I-darn men:lol:

Send pics!!!

Hugs,
Becca

1 - 18 of 18 Posts