TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I have something new...I think??

I was exposed to the sun for about 15 minutes on Sunday...I am usually extremely cautios, and I had on 50spf....

I now have a lump on my neck, its in the groove at the base of the throat.

Now I have had rashes before, especially having SCLE, I also have a great butterfly on my face and the Vee of my neck...but this is different.

It started out about the size of a pencil eraser, however it is now the size of a quarter, totally red (cherry) and is lumpy.

any ideas? I cant see the dermy for two weeks as he is out of town...should I call my rhumy or wait it out?

It doesnt hurt or itch....

Thanks for all your help in advance - Stephanie

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
sam,
It would not hurt to put a call into the rhuemy, they may be able to see you sooner or have some idea what it might be. It does not sound like one of those things that you should wait about. I hope you the best with finding out what is going on with your new symptom and feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Sam :wavey:

I am not sure what it is, its hard to say with rashes unless you see them, i get red lumps that are lumpy like raspberries but mine itch and are quite sore.

If you can't get to see anyone for 2 weeks then it may be a good idea to take a few photos of the lump and if it changes in shape/size/colour take some more photos just in case it as started to go down before your appointment. I took photos of the rash i had on my face before i was dx with lupus, when i saw the dermy for the first time the rash had disappeared but he looked at the photos and said that he thought it was lupus and when he finally did a skin biopsy it was lupus so having photos can be really helpful.

I hope you can be seen sooner and good luck :luck: i hope it can be treated quickly and successfully.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Stephanie,

I think I would call the rhumey and have a talk with him.
You said it started out pencil size and now is a size of a quarter. I don't think I would wait for 2 weeks.

The sooner you get it taken care of the better off you will be. With new symptoms they should be reported.

Take care of yourself.:)
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Stephanie,

I don't think i would wait either - I don't like the sound of things that "grow" and the fact that you've never had this before. It might be nothing but I think I'd rather be sure.

Hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all...I called rhumy and emailed him a pic of the rash. He asked me to try to see dermy before Monday but if I can't he would see me Monday before office hours.

I called Dermy and can see him tomorrow early AM...office is only open for paperwork and emergencies so I am relieved.

I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Thanks again for your responses and support.

Stephanie

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Well done Stephanie, lets hope you get some answers tomorrow :luck:

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saw the dermy...he took a biopsy as expected...It will come back lupus, as expected, but he is checkin to see which kind of lesion it is.

He will have the results in 2 weeks, in the mean time I have a steroid cream to apply around the stitches (he put in 2) as its in the Vee of my neck but not on the chest its in the neck area.

He YELLED at me....I use 50 and apply every morning. He upped me to 70 and said I need to reapply on Arms, legs, face and neck 4 times a day...Just a reminder to me that you get sun even in shady areas (reflective sun).

So I will comply as he is a great Dr...even when he yells, he's holding my hand! Teehee, he hates to be mean.

Thanks everyone, I feel better having done this.

Stephanie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts