The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on this site before and it has helped me. I am going through a really tough time in my life. I have a beautiful 10 yr daughter that I have raised on my own. On the other hand I have a man that I love who does not understand. He has seen me laying in the hospital and he can only say thank happy thoughts. He does not understand.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there and welcome back :)

I used to think that my husband really didn't get that lupus can be relatively serious - in fact, he was trying to "make light" of things so that I wouldn't see that he did realise and that he did worry and also to keep a positive atmosphere going. I now enjoy his attitude and let him bring that "normality" back into things.

I don't know if that's what's going on with your man but it's just an idea...

Hope to speak again soon,

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Welcome back. Sorry you are going through a tough time right now. I hope you see some improvement soon.

Everyone copes with Lupus in their own way, including our families. I am a true believer of the power of positive thinking but it only goes so far. Maybe having him read the Letter to Family and Friends might help.

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67968

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Littlebit,

Welcome back.

Sorry you are feeling rotten at the moment.

As far as your man goes it just be the way he is coping? Happy thoughts make me feel some better, it is a great distraction.

Let us know how you are doing.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our "others"

It's difficult for our significant others to really understand the seriousness of our disease. Even in my situation my wife didn't understand for a lonnngggg time. She would think I was being lazy or why was I always grumpy (120 MG of Prednisone per day). She is an intelligent woman BUT she still didn't know alot about what I had, she bought me a bunch of books etc about it but I don't think she read one page. When I was admitted into the hospital last year and was on the brink of death she finally started to realize just how serious a disease Lupus is. Since we are sick but don't look sick its really tough for normal people to understand. Even if you have Lupus each is so different it can still be tough.

Good luck!

-Ashley

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, sorry you are having a tough time. It is hard for others to get their heads round this illness. This site is great for support though, so keep posting and join us in chat sometime.

Deb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.