The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor has put me on IMURAN 100mg, but he did not mention that I had any kidney involment. I have been reading on here and everyone who takes it has something going on with the kidneys. My question is...is IMURAN used for something else????? I did have some imflamation in my lungs can it be used for that????
Thanks for all you advice and comments in advance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stay in a small town called Sparkman it is about 90 miles from little Rock and about 30 min. from Arkadelphia

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello,

I (and many other people here) am on imuran and have NO kidney involvement. Imuran is simply often used when the disease can not be sufficiently controlled with plaquenil. It is good for overall disease activity so improves many aspects of the disease for a lot of people. Having said that, finding the right med that suits you and does enough is often a case of trial and error so it is not "guaranteed" to work for you.

Having uncontrolled disease activity (and things like inflammation in lungs) would be enough reason for many rheumy's to try imuran :)

I hope it works well for you,

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello tlb :)
It is used as an additional disease modifier for all sorts of lupus when existing drugs aren't enough, so don't worry about that. You can expect your doctor to tell you of any new developments though and have the right to ask him about treatment.

I hope it helps ! Start it slowly and make sure you get the recommended tests.

All the best
Clare

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a bunch for the information and comments that you all provided it helped me a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.