TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today I noticed something odd. When normal people get overtired they fall asleep and awake refreshed and ready for the day. For as long as I can remember, having just now noticed it, when I become overtired I sleep badly to very badly and/or for only a few hours. I am falling down tired but not able to sleep. The body ceases to fit and hurts in all the normal places, I may get a flash or more of mylar rash, and we will not even consider the emotional ramifications. After two or three nights sleep returns to normal and I get over it.
I noticed this finally because I had a meeting with some folks who needed to consult me (I am either the Oracle of Delphi or a Chinese fortune cookie) on some daft procedural organizational battle. Rough sleep the night before the meeting, only a few hours that evening, interupted unrestful sleep last night - and great hopes for tonight.
All I can think is that this is very strange.
Can anyone identify with this?
Pax,
Douglas+

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm like that too. I also get increased involuntary movements (side effect of gabapentin). The last few weeks I have been a little stressed with my Mom passing away, Christmas and all that stuff (don't know if it is related or not) but I fall asleep and then wake up talking out loud. It's usually about stuff that happened a few days before. And I tend to dream a lot more. All when you need the best sleep ever! I am pretty good nqowat Guitar Hero On Tour (Nintendo DS version) though!!! I highly recommend it.:yes:

Nothing right about this disease!!! But, hey we are all survivors. I just try to keep waking up smiling! :) (easier said than done).

Annette

·
Registered
995 Posts
HI , I am not sure if this is what you mean,but I do get strange things when I over do and get tired, or a virus , the first night I get very little proper sleep and some times end up vomitting, the nights have me all over the bed, flopping around, then each night eases up a bit. but never a good sleep even if I am drop dead tired,then after about three days things return to normal. so I now what price I will pay for over doing. or being over tired,
I am not sure about others.but I am weird person. bodies parts moving when I sleep, talking aloud, reaching for things. petting the blanket .( as if the dog was there) I woke up with my hands in the air, trying to thread a needle.

oh while. I am just wierd I guess:rotfl:

·
Administrator
7,564 Posts
Hi Douglas

I get that a lot and have done since my illness started. I really have to watch my tiredeness levels as if I get overtired or go past it, I find that I cant sleep and then I have a flare.

Weekends are my worst, the tiredness builds up during the week and then at the weekends when I need to keep up with the boys, I cant sleep and am exhausted.

I hope now you have identified the pattern you can try to remedy it, easier said than done I know!!!

I hope you find some relief

Deb

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a very similar pattern of sleeplessness, usually due to overtiredness and/or stress.
My restless legs get worse, the neuropathy gets worse and I cannot go to sleep. Then I keep waking up with terrific sweating and the remains of nightmares. In the morning "limp rag" comes to mind! After a few nights (sometimes longer) it improves.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes Douglas....

:)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Douglas,
Yeah absolutely.
Some nights I am so restless I wake up feeling as if I''ve been holding my breath all night.I know sounds bizarre:sad:
Sometimes My mind just won't switch off. I also seem to follow that 'three night pattern' of one good deep sleep in three.

Is there anything not affected by this lupus??

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to sound like a broken record (cracked CD? electricuted iPod?) but I must say *thanks again*! It really does help to know that one is not alone in the crackpot world of auntoimmune disease.
This is a superb support group!
Douglas+

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Douglas,

You are so right about the sleep thing. Sorry that you just found all this out though. I had a ruff night the past couple of nights, but last night or should I say this morning I finally got to sleep at 4 am and woke up at 8am what is all this about anyway. You would think people that are so tired would fall asleep for days, but not us lol. Well hope you get your good night sleep soon.
Tammy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts