It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.
View attachment 156

Attachments

·
11,405 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:

I sit down at the computer just to check something quick. When I look up it is an hour later.:bigsmile:

Thank you for the smile.:bigsmile:
:love:
Lyn

·
Registered
580 Posts
that was very funny loopyloo:lol:

Keebler i do the same thing on the computer for only a few minutes turnes

into hours. :) :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have to agree that I love the computer for those reasons as well!! And when my friends are taking naps, cleaning or are at work and I am unable to get out of bed, my computer is there to take me away on a quick vacation.

But I do have one confession, there is someone that I love just as much as I love my computer...............the computer repair man! LOL

Nancy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:lol: That's so true!!

I am on holiday at the moment...it's 2.15p.m here & very warm so I have come to our room to avoid the sun &....... yes you've guessed it..... I have found my way to my laptop!!:hehe:

Thank heavens for wireless internet :)

luv karen x

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
My computer

hi loopy where on earth do you find all these things to make us smile you really are a good joker where do you come from i know it is scotland same as me but where i could do with you in my house :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: elisabeth

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to admit to being a 'computer geek' as I work in IT. I also have a network of Geek friends. If you suffer from insomnia I'm your gal! Can talk about it all day every day:explain:

Nancy - I am the computer repair man in our house, and my friends house, and their friends house........ :lol:

I talked hubby into buying a laptop last year and I can't live without it.
We now take the laptop on hols to surf and watch movies. I lie in bed with my electric blanket, pillows all around and surf surf surf! Hence finding fun stuff - it brightens my day.

Karen - hope you are having a fab time.

Elisabeth - have PM'd you.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yay for computer geeks!! :bigsmile: I have to ask though Pam - Mac or Windows? Answer incorrectly and I may have to decapitate you... :lol:

Just had an amazing tech support experience tonight, I was trying to buy another year's subscription to my antivirus software and the site said I could either resubscribe to the same version or upgrade to their new version for just a bit more money...but it didn't tell me anywhere what the differences are between the versions. So finally I went into their tech support chat room and asked...and the conversation went something like this...

me: I have version 10, and im being given the choice of renewing that subscription or upgrading to version 11, but i cant find on your site what the differences between the versions are
him: what version do you have?

When he finally understood the question, he just copy/pasted the features of version 11 that are listed on the website, and I explained that yes I had seen those, my question was which of those are NEW in THIS VERSION (most of them were things like, "protects your computer from viruses" - umm I'd HOPE that's not a new addition!!! :lol: )...then he tried to tell me I couldnt upgrade anyway because the system requirements for the new version are Mac OS 10.4 and higher, and I'd said I just have version 10....of the antivirus program, of course.... :rotfl:

(If anyone's interested, I am sticking with the old version for now, because I can't find anything the new version does differently, except that it supports Intel macs and OS 10.5, but neither of those apply to me)

...anyway just thought some of the more geeky of you might appreciate that exchange :hehe:

sf

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got to be Windows but NOT Vista :hehe:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thank you so much pam :flowery:

I am having a wonderful time,so good in fact that it's not even bothering me that I stand out like a 'sore thumb' being the only person around all covered up with a big hat on too :)
I am very proud of myself :hehe:

pam can I ask why not vista?I am intrigued & puzzled now :) :rolleyes:

luv karen x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh no - I think we need a new thread on Tech and Test :rotfl:

This is totally my opinion and feel free to search for yourselves - Vista is good but still has many bugs to iron out.....a bit like the iPhone. Like anything, if you buy it with the first release then you have to live with the bugs.

I run 3 PC's on my home network - Windows 95, XP and Vista. Again, only my personal preference but XP is the most stable. Vista crashes Internet Explorer randomly and Microsoft are very much aware and working on it.

Loopy's PC repair shop is now closed for the evening :rotfl:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Excellent Pam,

I'm with Elisabeth with needing someone like you in my house. My female jokes fall on deaf ears (too many males x5 to 1 of me). Although I have lived in England most of my life I was raised very much a Scot but a few words I say are just not understood by English people.

Love & hugs!

Lesley

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Pam,
Thanks for the laughs. I wish I knew more about computers, but love mine just the same.

I too have Windows XP. I have not heard good things about Vista-they have not worked out all the kinks yet is what I heard.
I think we all want Pam in our homes!!!!!!!!! My daughter has a good sense of humor and we laugh until we cry. My hubby doesn't get it though-he thinks we are loons.

hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
277 Posts
oooh wrong answer Pam! *decipitates* :rotfl:

Why would you have XP OR vista when you could have OS X??? :hehe:

I'm a mac person, can you tell? :bigsmile:

sf

·
11,405 Posts
Yeah SF!:cheer2::cheer2:
Another Mac person here.:wink2::bigsmile:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Lily :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Tom,

Hope you are doing well. I have to say that I just love computers in general regardless of bugs etc. It's all part of the fun, never knowing what's round the corner. I do agree that the new Vista service pack has helped. In the UK they have limited sales as most folks are looking for a new PC with XP as they are not sold on Vista.

I've filled up the discs/hard drives on all 3 of my computers with music, photos & films so have just collected my new 500GB hard drive today. Bliss!!!!

Macs.....PAH! :stop:

There I go again, any excuse to talk shop.....LOL :rotfl:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Tom,

MAC's are user friendly,:p easier to run :p

You don't have to worry about all those nasty virsus that pc's get.
Mabye you should try one or go to an Apple store to see what you are missing.:p They are pricey but worth it.:p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts