The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 13 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
It took me 4 rheumatologists, a neuorologist and an infectious disease specialist (who wrongfully diagnosed me with scabies instead of discoid rash) before I found an intelligent doctor who looked beyond just blood results.

If you really want to find out what is ailing you, you should pursue it with another doctor and another and another until you are feeling better. Just because one doc has decided not to look any further, does not mean that there is nothing going on.

I think a dermatologist may assist you, whether or not your rash bothers you...if it is present, they may be able to biopsy it and get some further results.

I know it is frustrating, but dont give up if you really want to get to the bottom of things.

1 - 1 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.