The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Imiss most about a relationship is the closeness and doing things from time to time even though we never had a ton of money we still found it fun to go to the grocery, movies, the park etc. But it has been so long since I'd opened myself up to being that close to someone that right now I don't think I have it in me. Maybe when I am feeling better. But for now I am focusing on improving myself and my own issues and making friends with all kinds of people then maybe the right person will come along. I think I have to feel comfortable in my own skin before someone else comes in to share my life. Karly:p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Karly,

Is that possible to do when you have lupus........ feel comfortable in your own skin?

I guess i see that statement is so many ways.
I know we have to love ourselves before we can love another. But shouldn't there be some kind of exception for those with chronic illnesses?

I mean i love myself enough to take care of myself, do right by myself, repsect myself. But there are times when i don't think too highly of myself, like when i'm in a flare and can't do much of anything,, feeling useless etc.
Maybe i'm looking at it all wrong when it comes to having relationships.

There is someone special for you out there Karly. They are looking for you and will find you soon enough. You will know this person is for you because he will be like no other person you know.

Just make sure you tell us about him when he comes :)

Take care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts