The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Well I have registered my son for college and he will start the day after he graduates high school. He will take one course in the summer, 4 in the fall and start the RN Nursing program in January 2010.

OK, so I get a monthly B-12 shot that my girlfriend who is a RN gives to me. Well this month she wants to let my son give me the shot after she shows him how to inject into a muscle. I agreed and then thought about it and wondered if I had lost my mind!!!:lol::lol::lol:

The needle is long, thick and certainly not pleasant if given by a newbie.

It should prove to be a interesting event and one I can tell you I am not looking forward to.:hehe:

Once he masters the art of giving needles then it will make life a lot easier to make sure I adhere to a regular monthly schedule.

Gosh, wish me luck on this one. What mothers won't do for their children.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Karol,
You are brave and I think your son is probably nervous about giving you a shot too. :jab:

I know what we mothers will do for our kids.:rotfl:

Sending loads of luck your way.:fingers:
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Yep you're mad :lol: I wouldn't let my daughter practice on me, I wouldn't have any qualms now though as she is fully qualified and has had lots of practice these past few months :lol:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'd say that's downright certifiable. ;)

But it's most definitely a sign of a mother's love....

Hope it goes well for you - post an update!

·
florie
589 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: Oh karol you are to much. You are such a wonderful mother if you let him stick you. I would watch him stick an orange before you make a decision. :jab:

hugs to you florie

·
4,435 Posts
The first injection I gave was terrifying.... if it had been a member of my family... even worse!!! :lol: Think you are lovely to be the guinea pig, Karol!!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WanePoetic;544482 said:
He's starting school again the day after he graduates??? Gah! That sounds painful. Graduating highschool deserves a break.
I don't know that he is very happy about it however he has no choice. In order to start the RN program in January he has to get 5 pre-req courses out of the way and one was only offered in the summer, not the fall.

He will be carrying enough credits this fall anyway, 14 to be exact so I am actually thinking this will be a smooth transaction into college life by starting with one class first. It is Monday - Thursday from 8am to 10am so only 8 hours a week and he loves Psychology so it should not be so bad.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today was the big test to see how well my son could give a IM needle and deliver 1000 mcg of B-12 medicine to me............HE DID REALLY GOOD!!!

My girlfriend showed him using a orange. He practice 2 times and then came at me full throttle.:lol::lol::lol:

I was nervous but now I know he is ok with it and moving forward I have a new person to do my monthly B12 shots.

Not so bad after all!!!:lol::lol::lol:

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Karol,
Glad it went good for you and your son.:jab:
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Karol

Wow i think that is awesome that your son gave you injection and did well.i have a daughter going to have her associtates degree this time next year.It is such a wonderful feeling as a mother isn't it to know they are going into such a wonderful caring profession.Glad it all went well for you and sure is nice im sure to know the person that is giving you the injection.Hope you are feeling oaky these days.

Tammy

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Tammy.

I am not setting the world on fire but doing ok.

I hope you are well too.:wink2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts