The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need To Find A Good Lupus Doc In Lexington Ky Or Surrounding Area. I Have Been Seeing A Internal Med Doc But He Is Not Very Thorough , Just Because He Has Not Got A Possitive Ana He Almost Acts Like I Dont Have Lupus And I Was Diagnosed By Skin Biopsy And A Very Repuitable Reuhmy....unfortunately She Does Not Except Medicare..his Response To Positive Skin Biopsy Is That Doesnt Mean I Have Lupus....i Have Been Having Water Retention Which Is New And Last Bloodwork I Had Need For Pottasium In Large Dose..he Never Questioned Why The Pottasium Loss And Never Did Follow Up Blood Work To Find Out If My Levels Improved...i Have Horrible Joint And Back Pain And I Have Been On Lortab 10 For Six Years Now And I Explained To Him That For Some Time Now I Am Having Breakthrough Pain About 2 Hours After I Take My Pain Meds And I Am Not Sleeping Because Of It, His Response Is I Am Taking 6 Lortabs And That Is For The Breakthrough And The More I Take The Harder It Is To Come Off The Pain Meds..... With My Disease And Joint Involvment I Did Not Think That I Would Be Taken Off I Am At My Witts End Please Any One With Info Or Suggestions Pllleeeaassee Help Me
I Am Very Thankful For All Of You And This Website Helps Me Stay Semi Sane!!!!!!!!!
Billie

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Well, first, I'd suggest you find a new IM doctor. Then I'd try to get an appointment with a rheumatologist and be sure to bring any past records with you that are relevant (such as the skin biopsy test results). Or you can have them sent to the doctor too.

A rheumatologist will be better able to see the past test results, and symptoms, and agree some kind of lupus has been diagnosed and needs to continue to be treated. Certainly, the University of KY will have a rheumatology department and that should be near you? What medications are you on for lupus itself?

When you are switching doctors, they are definitely leery of prescribing narcotic pain meds on the first visit unless they have notes from your last prescribing doctor. I can understand his hesitation in prescribing on that basis... so you may also want to try to find a pain management doctor as well if the rheumy you find does not have any ideas/is unwilling to prescribe any other pain medication regime for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have Been Seeing This Doc For Five Years It Seems Like He Writes Scripts For Everyone....i Was On Plaquenil 400 Mg For Year No Help I Take Prednisone When The Flares Get Really Bad I Am On Lisinopril And Tiazac For Hypertension And Palpataions Lipitor And Protonix For Stomach Issues I Also Take Valium 10 Mg For Anxiety .. This Doc Started Off Good But Now University Of Ky Took Over His Office And He Has An I Dont Care Attitude. I Am In The Process Of Getting An Appt With Rhuemy. I Am Just Very Disapointed With Doc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts