The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still short of breath and so worried. my cardiologist gave me my results to my stress test. and said that he suggest i have a heart catheratisation done because my heart wasnt pumping hard enough and that i might have a blokage.

he also said that the fact that i lasted 9 minutes on the treadmill is a good sign. but that doesnt convince me. i am scared to death of what this test is going to reveal. he is an excellent cardiologist am im so happy to have him as one of my doctors so i know he wouldnt lie to me.

i just want to get this off my chest and say. I HATE THIS DISEASE. I HATE LUPUS! i feel it destroying me slowly. it has change who i am.

im so sorry to be on the negative side of things but this is just how im feeling right now! i live in fear everyday of my life and im just sick of all this.:sad::sad:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Sushi

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this stuff((((hugs)))).I sure hope everything comes out okay with the tests and they can take care of your troubles heart quickly and get you feeling better aoon(((hugs))).I am glad you felt you could vent in here and i agree that lupus stinks big time.Please keep us updated on your results.

Tammy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Sushi,

So sorry you have so much on your plate.. it sounds like pretty scary stuff. Keeping you in my prayers that everything will go ok with your tests.

I have several family members have had to get catherization and find it clean as a whistle. Keep positive & Cross the bridge when you get to it.

Take care,
Sharon

·
11,409 Posts
Dear Sushi,

I know how it feels when your cardiologist says he wants to do a heart catheriastion.:hug: I have had 2 of them, one in 2004 and another one done 2 days before thanksgiving, 2008.

I know that fear of what are they going to find, question.
It is better to know than have it bothering you when you are having trouble.

My ejection fraction (how well the heart is pumping) was 35% when I left the hospital last Nov. Then I had a cardiolite stress test the week of Christmas. My ejection fraction was 55% now. (in normal range)

For me my treatment has been medication.

Have you talked about how you are feeling with your doctor? He might be able to help you on how you are dealing with having lupus. I know having lupus is a pain. (more ways than one) I take one day at a time some days are better than others. Hang in there I know how tough it can be.:hug:

Love,
Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
sushi,
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this. It sounds like you are having it pretty hard with the lupus. We are all here for you all you have to do is talk to us. It has been advised to talk with your doctor about the lupus and how you feel and the effects it is having on your body. I agree that this is a beginning for you.

No one has the answer to make any of us feel better or a way to make it easier for any of us, but one day at a time is all we can do. I know that lupus can have your body in knots most of the time. My prayers are with you for a heart that makes you feel better. In the mean time work with the heart you have and feel lucky that you made it through yet another day of lupus.
Tammy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Sushi. i hope lynn as given you the strenth you needed to hear, good luck with the precedor, the doc' as you say no what he's doing hang in there, its got be better than how your feeling now,

yes i know what you mean when you say you hate this lupus, think we all do, it drives you crazy when it doesnt let up, but your turn will come when it calmbs down ;)

hang in there hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sushi, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It's good to vent sometimes and release those feelings.

I have had a heart catheterization before...it was for a different reason than yours, but I remember well how scared I was. It was so much better after it was over with, though, because they found what was wrong and were able to treat it.

It sounds like you're in great hands with your cardiologist, and it's encouraging that he said your time on the treadmill was a good sign. Do you know when your heart catheterization will be? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, this site sure keeps me sane. you guys are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. thank you so much for all of your wonderful and supportive advise.

doodlebee, my appt is for jan 15. and ill let you know how it went. thanks again.

keebler, i am so happy to hear that your heart is pumping at a normal range now. that is very good news.:)

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Sushi

I am so sorry that you are having such a horrid time right now. I know how scary it can be when things go wrong.

I am glad that tho that you have a good doctor that you trust, that is very important.

I am sending you warmest wishes and really hope that your appt on the 15th goes well.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Good luck Sushi. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you on the 15th.

:flower2:
Lazylegs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts