The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I haven't been around much, I have been working alot and now that my daughter is in her junior year of high school in all AP and dual college credit courses I seem to be consumed alot about college prep and the such, so I am sorry I haven't been able to reply to some of your posts, Plus my dad had neck surgery he has rhematoid and osteo and they had to put a plate in his neck, it was hard to see he is 73 not a surgery favorable to the age, anyway he is better now at least as well as can be expected due to the surgery.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a severe pain in the ball of there foot, it started out of the blue one day about 4 weeks ago and got worse up until now, I have tried arch supports, ball of foot pads, you name it I even wore callus removers, thinking maybe I had a foot callus I even got this toe seperater that is suppose to relieve aching feet, Nothing is working and it seems to be getting worse, and very hard to walk I have just made a rheumy appt I think I have been in a mild flare, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever had this happen, it feels like someone took a sledge hammer and wacked the ball of my foot, only one foot though so I don't think its fatigue or anything like that, at least I don't think it is.

Thanks for any insight you might have. I hope all is well with everyone!!
:rose3:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, have you considered the fact it might be arthritis in your toe? I get this [pain and believe it to be quite common. Mine really swell and cause dizzines as I lose my balance due to it. Silly as it sounds. Ice and rest are my best suggestions I am afraid other than a size bigger in shoes!! Excuse to go shoe shopping!! :lol: Do mention it to your rheumy though, if it is swollen take photos to show him in case it has gone before appt. Hope your appt goes well.

Deb

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Laura,

I wonder to if it is arthritis bothering you? Or did you twist or turn or stepped wrong on your foot?

It sounds very painful.:hug: You had a good description of your pain.(it made me cringe) Glad that you have an appointment with your rhumey. I hope the appointment is soon?

You sure have a lot of your plate at the moment.

Let us know how you are doing.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have RA, so I attribute foot pain to that. (Have had 3 foot surgeries in past yr.0 Pror to that I had the kind of pain you were describing. Talked to someone at work (an RN), she saw a podiatrist who said that she had planter faceitis ?sp. He recommended that she wear good, supportive shoes, always. Not to wear slippers or barefoot ,even in the house. Put on shoes when you get up in the AM and take them off when you go to bed. It worked for me! Cathy:hehe:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

Yes, I have sever pain in my toes and the ball of both feet. It is worse at times than others..I do have to be very careful what type of shoes I wear..now.

I hope your feet feel better soon!

Sandy

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi

I have and still have various symptoms in my feet.

None of the following have been diagnosed but all have been mentioned .

Mortons Neuroma ( if you count from your big toe then your next toe and the the next, the pain is normally around that area and is due to a non malignant growth on the nerve as if bificates into a Y shape.) Typically a professional with squeeze the sides of the foot which can make a 'clicking' sound which cliches part of the diagnosis.

Arthritus.....if you dont get a referal but are left guessing then there is a whole host of symptoms int he foot re arthritus you can google. There tends to me some gradual deformity even if only slightly noticable.
I have for instance some deformity and spasms and cramping of toes but its being monitored as there is not enough significant stuff for a full diagnosis,

Mechanical problems,,, this can be investigated alongside lupus/ arithitus as if you think about it , the problem could be mechanical ie the foot out of allignment, muscle tendons etc or it could be as a result of an underlying condition.

Lupus could be the culprit as I get tendon problems from lupus. The tendon runs and connects to all the mechanisms down to the heel and up under the arch and into the toes. If one part of your muscles/ tendons is not working properly , for example stiffness then it can affect the rest of your foot.

Poor or inadeqate footwear. This tends to cause mechanical problems which in turn can lead to pain etc.

Lupus affects connective tissue so may have more of a direct effect or an indirect effect. Stiffness inturn causes other problems a bit like a run of stacked dominoes.

I have never had a 'test for Rhumatism' which I find odd. Unsuprising but none the less odd.

There is a condition called planter faciatus ( sp?) although I think its more in the heel and arch and sometimes the ball of the foot. Worth a google.

Good luck

Nicky

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sore feet is a part of lupus for me. Rest and putting my feet up are what helps me. I can't stay in shoes for long as even that will make my feet hurt when they get bad.

Good luck to you - it may be time to visit a doctor about it if it's been going on for this long!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.