TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, hi im Kristen, Just got a positive ANA all other tests came back neg and im waiting for my refferal to a Rheumy now.. I jsut had my 2nd son 8 weeks ago after 41 weeks of a terrible preg and terrible birth i had to recover from i had some sleep issues then i got a dbl kidney infection and now im dealing with the symptoms of lupus but not yet a diagnoses (waiting for rheumo)

My question to all of you is that in the past year i have not once fully enjoyed myself.. We planned this weekend to take a small drive to Savannah Ga and booked a room on the water front and were going to go out for a night on the town and hjave a few drinks.. This morning is when i got the call from the doc about the POS ANA .. If i do indeed have lupus or some other autoimmune disease is it ok for me to have some drinks?? I really wanted to go out have some beers go dancing (if im able)

I dont know really hwo i will actually feel friday my medrol pack was over 2 days ago.. Today since the stressing phone call all ive had return is the sun burn look i had before..

Do any of you ever drink and not have a problem with it or should i stear as far away from drinking as possible.. Im 25 and i really wanna just let loose a little ive been so stressed out and tense. I just want to make sure im not going to die from getting a buzz

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
kristen,
I would say that you should have a good time as much as you can on your trip. I would try to stay out of the sun, but do have a good time. You have to find a way to relax as that might be causing you to flare if it is lupus. You should look at any meds you are taking and make sure that the drinks will not cause any other problems, but lupus would not keep you from drinking but some of the meds you could be put on would. Hope you enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. The dr told me I could have drinks on the meds. That it wouldnt matter.. Glad to hear drinking is ok though i will for sure have a good time. My husband is a medic and he will give me an IV before we go out and after so i will keep hydrated perks of being married to a medic haha

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Kristen

I agree with Tammy's advice. My lupus does not prevent me from enjoying a drink or two. A little relaxation and fun is so important.

While I do not know your symptoms, I would mention that a positive ANA test alone does not mean you definitely have lupus.

Take care and have fun!

Merle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts