TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was chatting with my son and husband and i laughed. all of a sudden i felt this pain in the center of my chest, i pressed on it at it hurt more.
when i take a deep breath i also feel the pain.

can this be pleurisy,chostochondritis or pericartis? does the rhumey have to run blood tests to find out what this is or can he tell what i have if i tell him my symptoms.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also want to point out that when i bend over half way it hurts more.
the pain i felt before when the doctors said it was costochondritis was always there. now i only feel the pain when i move my body on certain positions.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You need to call your doctor immediately. It could be chostocondritis, or not. It is needed for someone with a more definite degree to check this out.
Good luck,
Sally

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi, and welcome, I suggest if it stays for a greaat while, then demand that an answer be found. For 8 yrs, I told all my dr's when I had my mamogram that my left breast always hurt. I got a new Rheumy and I told her and she sent me to some new womans hospital, to have a Sonogram taken, of all test's, a sonogram. It turns out that I have a nerve somewhere in my ribs that is being pinched, causing the pain. Just shows, it could be anything, but don't give up. smile.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I would definitely give a call as it could be any one of those three. I know when I get chosteocondritis it hurts to push but right now I have that along with pericarditis and pleurisy and those change pain levels depending on my movement. Hope you get some answers from your doc.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi, I am sorry that you are having the problems you are. I would call the doctor and let them know that this is happening. It could be nothing or it could be one of the things you are asking about, or it could be something we are not thinking of like small heartattack or problems with lungs or heart that have to do with the lupus. The only way you will know for sure is if the doctor checks into what is causing the pains. I have them every now and then but they have no reason for them as of yet. Please let us know how you are getting along and if the doctor finds anything. I hope you feel better soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts