TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you had asked to be informed if I managed to play football this week.

So, as the thread says I DID :D

Was incredibly scared to be honest as I had so many worries running around in my head (will i bring on the pains again, will I damage myself further etc). Was also very out of shape as was huffing and puffing after about 10 minutes :(

But I got through it unscathed (for now). Now fingers are crossed I don't flare up again :worried:

But looking forward to playing again next week if all is well :D

Thank you to all those people who wished me luck :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
:yahoo:

Glad you're ok after your game. I'm sure you'll be fine just don't over do things too much.

By the way who won?

Mrs M

·
Inky
249 Posts
Well done...:wink2:
And thanks for letting us all know.
It's easy to get out of shape quickly if you don't exercise. And as long as you stop if it gets too much during a game you should be fine.

Mind you it is always the next day, or the day after that, that I start creaking after exercising. I hope that isn't the case with you. Then again I am probably more than twice your age, so more likely to creak in the first place. ;)

Sara
x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good for you!

I think a lot of us take risks to enjoy ourselves and there is nothing wrong with that. You must decide what you are prepared to put up with to be happy.

If you do have a flare you might consider only doing half a match next time, and take it from there? If you give everything you enjoy up life can be pretty miserable.

Whilst it can be difficult to stay in shape, it has got to be harder, in the long run, to cope with chroinic pain if we are out of shape too.

Continue to play it by ear. All the best!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
SurferBoy, If Football is an exercise you enjoy that is great. Less montonous than plugging away in the Gym. Just remember too much is worse than none at all as you are far more likely to injuries if you are tired.
Glad you enjoyed it.
x Lola

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, 5 days after playing no aches or pains. My knees do "creak" when I get up from sitting for some time, but there is no pain. Hopefully this is nothing major to worry about. Can anyone confirm if the "creaking" knees is something to be concerned about?

And Mrs M, we lost good and proper - but I dont mind because I got to play :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Crikey, if I had to count every creak I'd never do anything else!!!

I'd say that first off the fact that you even managed to play football is pretty excellent. The fact that you're fine other than the odd creak is also wonderful.

For those of us that have problems with exercise the symptoms are unmistakeable, we don't have time to wonder whether we should worry.

Basically don't worry about it unless it happens!

Hopefully you keep doing well and keep playing :wink2:

Katharine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go on!

That's great news good for you for not letting it get you down, just don't over do it!! Like you say its not the winning its the taking part that counts!
:bow:
Beci
x

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well done! Congratulations!
I think the best advice I ever received re life with Lupus was
"Do what you can do. Do not do what you cannot do. Enjoy!"
Have fun,
Douglas+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts