The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my rhemo yesterday, althought my appt. was very rushed, I had to keep saying "one more thing" as he headed for the door, I was the last appt. and was taking late so he was trying to leave.

But he said I need to be on high dose of Immuran for 3 months to see how that does for me.

I asked about pain meds, he was going to give me ultram can't take, all the ones he said I can't take so he said I can take 2 aleve in the am and then 2 in pm, I'll try that.

I asked about the Immuran and if someone was on it and got off it, would that produce the symptoms I had such as severe pain, stiffness, etc. and he said no. So it is not like a withdrawal thing or your immune system coming back. He said that proves that it was working for you.

That is what I thought too but the other doctor made me second guess myself.

I asked so you keep saying this is Lupus but as it is not showing in the bloodwork and I feel like you go back and forth, so it is your opinion that this is definitely auto immune.

He said yes, I am positive it is autoimmune and because it is not in the bloodwork I cannot diagnose you for that and label you but my opinion it is Lupus as you have had all the symptoms and just not too long ago had things pop up in your kidneys. He said you are on heavy treatment and it is working somewhat for you.

He said I offerred to you before, but if you think you want another opinion, I don't have a problem with sending you somewhere in Boston, MA to have someone look things over.

( ummmmmm OMG I just went there.....ummm won't go there !!! ) But I just nodded.

So I will continue on and put the other doctor behind me.

thanks again.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Yep, sounds like putting your other recent experience behind you is a good idea.

It sounds like your doc is concerned for your welfare and takes you seriously (even when rushed) so that's good :)

Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Paula,
It sounds like you have the answer you have been waiting for just not on paper yet. You did very well with you questions and he did wonderful completing the answers to them. He said he believes you have lupus and is just waiting for his proof. If you have the rash it might be helpful to have a biopsy done when it shows up. You can always ask about that.

That is wonderful news for you and yes do forget all about that other doctor and still with the one that is helping you the most at the moment. It did sound like he was willing to also try and help with the pain but that you had either tried it already or it did not work or you have a reaction to it. I hope the aleve works for you. I hope you feel better soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.