The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:jab: Well, tomorrow the 20th I have an appointment with Dr. Rea my rheumatologist, thankfully I don't have to drive a zillion miles as I used to do years ago before I was diagnosed. Dr. Rea is a young doctor who fortunately decided to have her practice right here in the same town where I live, nice especailly since the gasoline prices are currently outrageous, and I don't think I'd make the long drive and still be able to move by the time I got there. This time I am making a list of all the symptoms because I know with this mind I will forget something important. I have to mention the tingling painful hands and feet, the diarhea, the continuing fatigue that is just killer, my swollen legs and feet and the painful knees and extreme dififculty walking, that one has been really hard, the inability to sleep more than an hour or so, my itching all over, I am sure by tomorrow I will remember all of the symptoms or side effects. The nausea is back really bad as is the dizziness. Wish me luck I hope things go well and I get some answers or help with some of the issues. Take care everyone and I wish you moments of lesser pain and lots of hugs and comfort. Karly:getwell: :hug:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Karly,

Don't forget your list of meds/dosages that you are on in case she isn't up to date with them. It's something my docs go through each and everytime I go, just to make sure something hasnt changed and none of my problems are due to a med reaction.

Here's your list from your other post btw :lol: :) so you don't forget anything ;)

I have extreme dizziness whenever I stand up, I usually have to grab ahold of something so I don't fall down:hehe:

All my skin is extrmemely dry and itchy despite whatever lotion I use--

I have a constant case of diarhea, whenever I eat everything goes right through me--nausea is terrible but not constant at least--

my feet are always tingling and bright red especially around my toes--

my feet and legs are constantly swelling despite the lasix I take--

gas unbelievable as we have discussed before--

my ankles and knees feel as if they will give out whenever I walk any distance--

my breathing is always difficult whether or not I am moving or sitting still--

my memory leaves very much to be desired, and tons forgotten--

I cry at the slightest provocation--

headaches that won't go away--

and pain and stiffness in my joints--

last but not least if I have not forgotten something, are the recurrent UTI's, I have another one now, so off to the GP.
It's a good idea to separate the symptoms leaving a line between, it makes it easier to skim through and that way she will get a good look at them and they won't jumble together leaving some unaddressed.

Ok lots of luck :luck: and a :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hello
Sorry to hear about all the problems but glad you have a doctor near and are going to see them.

What we did for a long time that helped to remember stuff was leave a note book out in a location where we could get to it easy.

As we thought of stuff or something new came up we would go and write it down.

When we went to the doctors we just had to remember to grab it and take it with us.
We would go over all of the new stuff as we waited to get in to see the doctor.

When we went in to see them we would write down notes on what they said so we could remember that.
It helped us out alot. We found we could go in and talk to a Doctor and get alot of information and ten minutes later we could not remember what all was said or one of us thought we heard one thing and the other something else.
The notes helped us alot with this.

It also helped us when we were trying to remember stuff to tell family that we were told.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Karly,

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the Rhuemi appointment. Brain to tired to think about time zones etc. so not sure whether you have been or will just be going to the appointment (its the 20th here in UK)!

If you still have not left keep stong and remember the list and then remember to give the Rhuemi a copy of the list!

Good luck and take care!

Love & hugs!
Lesley

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Karly, you are all ready to go, you are well prepared. So just

take a deep breath, and I know that you are going to be just fine.

Please tell us how it went when you get back.((((hugs)))

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back from the rheumatologist

:wink2: First off they weighed me and I weigh the same as before, I said too much :eek: and the doctor said better than gaining,:p she'd been worried about it, as had I. She was also very appreciative of the list of symptoms and my meds listed. ;) Her thinking is that I am having more problems as I am coming off the prednisone, but I want off of it and she really wants me off of it as well. What she did was have me gradually raise my methotrexate to 0.8cc injectable, keep on the folic acid, and plaquinel, and added soma, for pain and for sleep since I am not sleeping well at all.:( I get maybe one good solid hour of sleep a night, sometimes three hours interupted by a bathroom break.:rolleyes: I do see her again on April 30th, so that gives the methotrexate some time to work and see if some of the symptoms I am having settle down some. I am hoping that the soma will give me some good sleep.:yawn: :asleep: I also told her I have been somewhat depressed about just plain feeling bad, and then also having to give the puppy back, I miss snuggling him especially right now.:dog: The weather is pretty today, although rain and snow possible for tomorrow but it should be in the 50's, I ma going to go to visit my sister's girls Hannah and Gracie, last time I was over there I didn't get to see Hannah because she was at school.:rotfl: Hopefully we will have a nice visit and I will feel a little more up. I am really in the dumps today. Tomorrow I have some ordinary blood tests to get done, the bladder infection will be ok, after I finish the antibiotics I will get tested to make sure it is gone totally. Oh, I also will be seeing the cardiologist because of my continued swollen ankles and legs. Thanks for listening. It went ok as far as I am concerned and I am crossing fingers that I get some good sleep tonight. Karly:wink2:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Karly,

That sounds like a good and very productive appointment. I hope that the Soma helps you a lot. I'm not familiar with the drug but someone will come along who is and give you the rundown.

Take it easy :hugbetter: and I hope you have an enjoyable Easter weekend. :bunny:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Karly, I am sending you my best wishes for everything to
go right. Post to us when you get back and let us know how it went,
we are all here supporting you.(((((hugs)))))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts