TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on this board for a few months now thinking my symptoms were lupus related.

I saw a rheumy on Thursday and he diagnosed me with Sjogrens.
I guess I was way off, but I am glad to have a diagnosis and finally get some treatment.

He is going to take mri's and x-rays of my joints. I guess for a baseline? Does anyone know why he may be imaging my joints? I forgot to ask him why because brain was running in all different directions when he was talking to me.

Scooter

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Scooter, Sjogren's is auto immune and very much like lupus in some people. You are welcome here, many of us have Sjogrens too, so you are not in the wrong place.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Yes, feel free to stick around. Sjorgen's and lupus have many similar symptoms, and many of the treatments are the same as well. We welcome anyone here with Sjorgens, MCTD, or UCTD.

Not sure why the MRI's were ordered... it is quite uncommon to order that with lupus. Perhaps it's more common to order with Sjorgen's? X-ray's are often done to check for arthritic changes, and to rule out Rheumatoid arthritis & the specific types of changes found on x-rays associated with that disease.

Hope your treatment brings about swift improvement for you!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi scooter,

Many of us have Sjogren's as well as Lupus and they are very similar diseases so stick around :p

Rheumatoid Arthritis is very common with primary Sjogren's so he's just checking that aspect out I guess. Usually x-ray's are enough, but I guess he will see more minute changes with the MRI.

Good luck and has he started you on any meds?

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Scooter,
Do stay we are all in this together and need support from time to time. The mri is kinda to do the base line and will give them a more involved picture than the x-rays. It will also show things that an x-ray may miss or has changed. I would not be worried about the mri, but if you are call your doctor and ask what he is doing it for they will understand that you were in a state of shock so to speak. Keep us updated on what is going on with you.
Tammy

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hii Scooter, and a big warm welcome to yo and to this board. Yep,
you belong here. sjogrens is one of the "other symptoms" that sometimes goes with lupus. I have it, and I had to learn to never go
anywhere, and I really mean anywhere, without my trusty bottle of
water. Here you can ask any question and we all are here to help, support, and stand by each other in any way. So, glad to have you here,
and feel free to post when ever you need to. be well.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I guess the autoimmune illnesses are pretty murky in that they all share common symptoms.

Maybe I will call tomorrow to find out why the doctor wants mri's.

Thanks again for everyones support!

Scooter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts